• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skean OFFLINE  

Skean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 06:35 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

Random question, but is there a way i can play the same movie on all the devices in my house at one time? When I start cleaning or working on projects I bounce from room to room, and it would be nice to be able to have the movie playing on all devices without having to stop the movie, and resume on a different device. 

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52001 posts
  • Local time: 02:35 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Not at this time (other than some sort of distributed video system outside of MB) but it is something we'd like to be able to do.  It is not an easy task, however.

#3 foghat OFFLINE  

foghat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 PM
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

Use a tablet and take it from room to room with you?

#4 geotux OFFLINE  

geotux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 07:35 AM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

this is actually a good question. Now that music is starting to be streamed over wireless devices and you have wireless speaker systems like the Sonos ( http://www.sonos.com...ss-speakers?r=1 ), the idea of being able to stream across different floors and out in the garden is really cool. I'm already thinking of building my own wireless speaker system with Rasberry PIs. I hope the developers consider integrating this solution.

Cheers

#5 Deathsquirrel OFFLINE  

Deathsquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

It's incredibly difficult to keep the results in sync.  You're likely better off looking at a hardware solution for music.  Many receivers can handle multiple music zones.

#6 geotux OFFLINE  

geotux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 07:35 AM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

I guess what you are saying is that the developers aren't even considering implementing this at some point. Hardware solution like SONOS? Dam expensive!! If I were to use a hardware solution using Pi()s, I guess I would need to have a software layer that would stream across wifi ...? Do you know of any in the linux world?

#7 Deathsquirrel OFFLINE  

Deathsquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Actually they've said they'd like to tackle it.  I just think they're nuts for trying.  Huge effort, small payoff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Play, Multiple Devices, Streaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users