Jr. and Sr. actor thumbs

sodapop

sodapop

I'm having an issue with actors who have a Jr. or Sr. suffix (basically anything that ends in a period).

Since directory names cannot end with a period the thunbnail for actors such as Robert Downey Jr. are not displayed. I'm assuming this is due to a mismatch between the metadata (which has the period at the end) and directory name (which doesn't).

Is there a workaround for this?

Koleckai Silvestri

Edit the actor and manually add an image. Doesn't matter what the name of the image file is. Though I don't have any problem with an image for Robert Downey Jr. (To use your example). Using Windows as my server OS though.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

sodapop

Thanks for the reply. My system is all Windows based as well though I use Media Center Master (v2.14) to collect and manage all the metadata.

The only other Jr. I could think of in my collection was Alan Hale Jr. (Skipper on Gilligan's Island) and it also fails to load.

Something else I just realized in addition to the thumbnail not displaying when I select the image the "finding other items with" returns nothing, not even the current movie/show I was browsing.

Other than those two everything works fine for every actor I've checked in Media Browser, the thumbnail displays and when selected the other movies/shows the actor has appeared in will be displayed.

Edited by sodapop

sodapop

Media Browser shows the path to the image is "\\HTS1A\Users\HTS1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata\People\R\Robert Downey Jr." <--note the period.

I am unable to edit this so maybe I'll delete this entry and try to add it manually.

Edited by sodapop

Beardyname

mine is under ImagesByName\people instead of \metadata\People, not sure if it differs. Could it be due to MCM?

Happy2Play

mine is under ImagesByName\people instead of \metadata\People, not sure if it differs. Could it be due to MCM?

I believe this is part of when IBN was merged with metadata on NEW Installations.

I use MCM for my primary metadata fetching and don't see this issue.

5505ee29c7284_MDpeople.png

5505ee96dd645_Folderpeople.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

I do all my meta collection through MediaBrowser these days. Used to use Media Center Master as well but MediaBrowser works just as well these days. Just overkill using two programs for the same thing.

sodapop

Not sure where my last post went, I tried attaching some screen shots, so I'll try this again.

This is a new server build, the directory structure was created by Media Browser v3.0.5518.7

When I Browse Library and work my way to Metadata Manager everything is displayed properly - the thumbnail is shown and 12 other movies he is in that are part of my collection are listed as well.

I tried two versions of the client (3.0.243.0 and 3.0.258.0) and they both do the same thing.

55063ea4d1e8f_downey1.jpg

55063ed65a582_downey2.jpg

The important part you left out of your initial post was the fact that you are using MBC.  However, this still works for me:

5506db7bb0423_mbcactorperiod.png

Perhaps it has something to do with the combination of MCM and MBC somehow...

sodapop

I don't want to beat this to death but I found another actor with the same display issue, Damon Wayans Jr.

Everything displays fine with the web client but with both versions of MBC no thumbnail is displayed and the "finding other items with" returns nothing.

The metadata shows the name is Damon Wayans Jr. but MBC is displaying Damon Wayans Jr - no period.

550783f685085_wayans.png

Yeah, I imagine if it happens for one it will happen for all.  It is on the list of things to look at but I can't reproduce it so it is something rather esoteric I'm afraid.