XBMC Saver Issue

Ethyria
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having a small issue with the XBMC saver plugin. The MB Server scrapes correctly and creates the relevant NFO files for my shows, but once imported to XBMC, the dates for all shows show as '1601':

527f66e1715c7_1.jpg

I compared the NFO created by MB Server with an NFO created by XBMC, and one created by Metabrowser and the only difference I could locate was the format of the date for <premiered> and <releasedate>:

527f66f5a4c56_2.jpg

I changed the date to the below format to match the NFO's created by XBMC and Metabrowser:

527f6709a6064_3.jpg

I updated the NFO for the show 'Atlantis' and re-imported into XBMC, as you can see the date now shows correctly as '2013':

527f671bd303e_4.jpg

I'm running the latest version of the plugin available on the plugin download page, reinstalled MB Server and tried on a different computer, same results. I was just wondering if this is a known issue or if I have something configured incorrectly.

I have also tried this on both the 'Dev' and 'Beta' releases of MB Server, same results. I also considered this may be an issue with the data on the TVDB but I see the same results for the 10 or so shows I've tested this with.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

EDIT: I also tried this in XBMC on multiple computers, and multiple skins: Aeon MQ5, Aeon MQ4 and Confluence.

• Like 3

Hey @@Luke , I seem to have found another similar issue with dates.

In the NFO files for actual episodes, the date is in the format of:

<aired>11/11/2013</aired>

When, as with the TVShow.nfo, should be in the format of:

<aired>2013-11-11</aired>

Other than the above, the XBMC scraper is working wonderfully. Thanks guys.

Edited by Ethyria

Hey @@Luke, you must be starting to get sick of me now :), but i've noticed another small issue with the XBMC Saver. It seems to be populating the <Premiered> and <Releasedate> tags with the date from the <DateAdded> field.

5288383f37fff_Capture.jpg

I'm using the latest XBMC Saver build and confirmed this on a test drive that had no previous metadata in the show folders.

EDIT : I had a look through the code on github and noticed that both fields are populated using 'DateCreated':

if (item.PremiereDate.HasValue && !(item is Episode))
            {
                var formatString = Plugin.Instance.Configuration.ReleaseDateFormat;

builder.Append("<premiered>" + SecurityElement.Escape(item.DateCreated.ToString(formatString)) + "</premiered>");
                builder.Append("<releasedate>" + SecurityElement.Escape(item.DateCreated.ToString(formatString)) + "</releasedate>");
            }
Edited by Ethyria

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @@Luke, found one more little issue with the XBMC scraper. I wasn't sure whether to create a new topic or post here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I recently re-imported my collection into metabrowser to check for any missing thumbs / season posters and noticed that it was populating both the IMDB and TVDB ID fields with the imdb number.

To test if this was just an issue with Metabrowser I ran a scan on a show in XBMC with the 'Artwork Downloader' and again, it couldn't pull the TVDB ID from the nfo.

I had a look through the NFO and noticed the below tag:

<id moviedb="imdb">tt0799862</id>

As the TVDB ID is stored in the <id></id> tags it looks like the closing tag above is making XBMC / Metabrowser think that the above is the TVDB ID. I removed the entire <id Moviedb="imdb"></id> tag and reimported into XBMC and Metabrowser, issue was gone and the TVDB was read from the nfo.

As <ID movieDB="IMDB"></id> is not used by XBMC, can this be removed from the XBMC scraper? 

but then where would be put imdb id? there'd be nowhere else to put it. i think we got this from a sample of mcm output. someone else verified it for us in xbmc. @@sfnetwork

but then where would be put imdb id? there'd be nowhere else to put it. i think we got this from a sample of mcm output. someone else verified it for us in xbmc. @@sfnetwork

The XBMC Saver in MBS already creates the <imdb_id> tag which is where XBMC pulls the ID from in the NFO:

529746e7d41e5_Capture.jpg

I googled the <ID movieDB="IMDB"></id> tag and it looks like it may be for 'Boxee' media centers but i'm not 100%. It's definitely not an XBMC tag. As XBMC relies on the <id></id> tag for the TVDB ID, any other tag with </id> would stop XBMC from pulling the TVDB ID.

I've noticed similar tags exist in the nfo's for Movies aswell:

<id moviedb="imdb">tt2230358</id>
  <tmdbid>167032</tmdbid>
  <id moviedb="tmdb">167032</id>
  <id moviedb="themoviedb">167032</id>

With the Movie nfo's the IMDB ID is stored in the <id></id> tag. The movies are working correctly though as it just so happens that the <id moviedb="imdb"></id> appears first in the NFO so it is still reading IDMB ID. It was just fortunate that it appears first in the NFO. Had the <id moviedb="tmdb">167032</id> been first in the nfo, it would be reading that instead of the IMDB ID.

I've attached a link to the Movie NFO XBMC Wiki page, just as clarification that the above tags don't appear in XBMC nfo's:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/Movies

Apologies again for spamming this board with issues, I really do appreciate the hard work you guys do to accommodate us XBMC users.

Edited by Ethyria

sfnetwork

This might be true, <ID movieDB="IMDB"></id> doesn't see to be a standard at all...

I did some verification and tests with XBMC, scrapers and MetaBrowser and I think it should be like this (well, that works 100% for me in XBMC):

Movies:

2013-11-28%209-33-49%20AM.jpg

TV:

2013-11-28%209-38-22%20AM.jpg

@@Ethyria

Would you agree?

Edited by sfnetwork

what about seasons and episodes?

XBMC doesn't require any ID fields in the episode nfo's as it all relies on the ID in the TVShow.nfo.  The <ID movieDB="IMDB"></id> tag is indeed present in the episode nfo but it is not having any detrimental effect.

A link to the episode nfo page in the xbmc wiki for confirmation: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/TV_episodes

Regarding Seasons, XBMC doesn't use Season nfo's so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hey @@Luke, just tried out the latest update for the XBMC Saver. Movies are now working perfectly, both XBMC and Metabrowser are reading the ID's correctly.