MB3 Movie Fetch 'Not Recoverable' when TMDBID Changes

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Version 3.0.5061.25570

I have noticed that once the MB3 platform has acquired a TMDBID for a movie, and for some unknown reason tmdb changes its id, even a force refresh wont 'right' MB3.

perhaps when MB3 requests (during e.g a force refresh)

http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/159217?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en

and receives

{"status_code":6,"status_message":"Invalid id - The pre-requisite id is invalid or not found"}

MB3 needs to think about the possibility of 'letting go' and  looking for another tmdbid.

a manual change of id works, but perhaps there are enough clues for MB3 to know it needed to do this automatically.

i can't reproduce that. if i change the thmdb id from the edit page, click save, then refresh (on the edit page), i get new metadata based on the new id.

i can't reproduce that. if i change the thmdb id from the edit page, click save, then refresh (on the edit page), i get new metadata based on the new id.

That's not the situation he outlined...

ginja - I'm not sure we should summarily wipe out an id just because it isn't valid at a particular point in time.  I don't know if we can make the assumption that it won't be valid again...

ginjaninja

ginja - I'm not sure we should summarily wipe out an id just because it isn't valid at a particular point in time.  I don't know if we can make the assumption that it won't be valid again...

yes i see the risk, i just thought that the specific response from tmdb of "yes the service is here and working and no... that id is not in use" would be enough to prevent false 'need for change alerts' for tmdb ids. perhaps moreso when coupled with a lookup confirming a valid match on another tmdbid. I dont know how common tmdb changes ids, i found a couple today...you can of course always manually repair. you certainly dont want to introduce a massive load 2nd guessing every fetched tmdbid, unless specific responses such as the one above on manual refreshes alone triggered a cleanup.