auto login hidden account

medric

medric

I hide my account and it set up auto login which works in mbc (after a few bumps) however i can not get auto login to work in the Samsung app i manual login and go to settings and set default user as myself and log out and it stills forces me to login in i do the mbc trick of setting hide off and auto logging in and saving the default user as myself auto login option and then re hide user but it does not save my auto login for said user.

chessdragon136

Not for hidden users no, it defeats the point (in my opinion) of having a hidden user. If it auto logs in then its not secure. 

medric

No the point is not some much the hidden account; its the fact that auto login does not work. this is a tv in my house with my server in my house with kids its quite difficult to type username and login all the time from the remote in a living room environment. When i turn off the hidden user it shows up but id does not auto login i still have to select user and login. if is hidden i see no user and i have to manual login. In my house i do not need security. the reason i disable my user is that the web url main page shows all the user at login which is a big no no. if i disable all the user it shows login prompt which is more secure when you are away from home as i often am. but i think apps should give you the option to save store your login information so you don't have to always type it in.

Cheers.

chessdragon136

Ok I've added the remember password feature to the manual login page - try it when i release the next build

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
medric

Ok I've added the remember password feature to the manual login page - try it when i release the next build

I have version 588 and it still does not work which version is the latest versions?

• 2 months later...

i am on the latest version and if you have a hidden account there is no way to save an account for auto login. after i manual login and hit autologin or save login (not in-front of the tv) true and login and logout it or close the app it comes back with manual login and the login screen

• 1 month later...

Hi @@medric

Just thought you might like to know that saving the password of a hidden account works in the current stable release 0.593.

• Like 1