FR: Queue/Playlist Impovements

Cerothen

Cerothen

I have been using Mediabrowser for a while now and it seems to work exceptionally well. My current setup consists of a server running Mediabrowser3 and a bunch of DLNA clients (3 Rpis with OpenELEC and an Onkyo).

I have made note of the following improvements that I think (and probably others) would find useful

1. Mediabrowser doesn't allow queueing of content when using DLNA renderers (however if you use the option shuffle or play all it will start working its way though the items but that doesn't help if you wanted to make a list of different shows or songs). One option that I have been trying is to use a playlist however its much less convenient than just being able to select the queue option which is already in the feature set in some capacity and is more useful for single use lists. (At the moment I assume that the queue is handled by the clients, this would likely require that all playlists be handled by the server (at least to provide a better remote control experience for managing clients from other devices [eg phone using web UI to control HTPC or DLNA device).
  2. In addition to the above for queueing items in clients that support it (web UI) there doesn't appear to get to the current queue (mediabrowser/web/playlist.html) section from a mobile device (the button doesn't appear under any place that I have seen). Perhaps it would be reasonable to add an additional tab under the "remote control" page to provide access to this more conveniently. 
  3. It would also be nice if the playlist could be reordered as required (could really apply to all playlists).
  4. Bonus would be if the playlist also provided some obvious feedback as to the current position (eg highlighting which item is currently playing).

To make it a little more visual I have created a quick mock up (please excuse my brutal photoshop skills):

5502e1e8b8e9e_PlaylistQueueMockup.png

• Like 2

Cerothen

I am surprised that no one has had anything to say on this one. The primary items of interest are 1 and 2 which would greatly expand the experience for all people using DLNA to watch their content. Since they could build one off lists for playback at that moment and actually see what that list is.

• 6 months later...