Getting MB for Roku to Work and Look More Like MB Theatre

mfranzel

mfranzel

What are the chances of this happening? I have used a PC in my living room with MB Theatre installed for a long time, but didn't like having a full working PC with combersome keyboard in the living room. So I switched to the Roku for easier application, but it is so tuned down compared to Theatre. What are the chances of making it more like the PC version? 

CBers

Do you know or want to learn BrightScript?

If so, then you can clone the code and change it it, but I doubt it'll ever look like MBC or MBT due to the constraints of the device.

Please give it a try though :)

mfranzel

I don't know BrightScript nor do I intend to learn, I am not a programmer or coder, just a movie enthusiast. :) Has anyone seen the new Plex app for Roku? It really pushes the limits and looks great. https://plex.tv/roku

All I would really like is to see my movies and TV shows in a better view than just one row across the screen, something to allow me to see more at once.

mfranzel

yes, a new presentation for roku is something we plan to look at. thanks.

Any idea when we can expect this??

When it is ready, thats the 100% likely answer. Forcing a date for reveal, usually ends up in disappointment when delay occurs or a rushed product from time constraints forcing design compromises. So be glad he even addressed its on the road map at this stage.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2