Kinect install on MB Classic

Sickboy

help menu? Where is the help menu located?

In the slide out menu (when you press the three lines on the top right) at the bottom if the list. Then choose "general" from the help menu. I have something new to post later today.

OK, I had to move my toolbar at bottom away from the bottom to show the help button. THX

I will fix that in the up coming version.

mhinchey03@gmail.com

After a few trials here are some of my issues or findings. When asking for a weather report it seems to be programmed in a different locale like Canada or somewhere very cold. (Lol). Also I cannot ask for that weather report when media browser is open. Also, kinect seems more responsive to questions when MB is not open at all.

The other issue is when I'm in TV which is labeled #tv (← whole different story which I can't change the names of my movie or TV sub folder name) I cannot get into another sub folder like #movies). It just is not responsive. However, when I'm in movie folder it seems to be more responsive to which movie I asked for and same while in tv . as long as I ask for something in the folder I'm currently in it seems to work. Of course sometimes it Doesnt know which movie but that will be worked out with more training. Sometimes it looks like it responds but just sits there. Another problem is that I cannot get the MB kinect to inform me of what the movie is about.

More to come.

After a few trials here are some of my issues or findings. When asking for a weather report it seems to be programmed in a different locale like Canada or somewhere very cold. (Lol). Also I cannot ask for that weather report when media browser is open. Also, kinect seems more responsive to questions when MB is not open at all.

The other issue is when I'm in TV which is labeled #tv (← whole different story which I can't change the names of my movie or TV sub folder name) I cannot get into another sub folder like #movies). It just is not responsive. However, when I'm in movie folder it seems to be more responsive to which movie I asked for and same while in tv . as long as I ask for something in the folder I'm currently in it seems to work. Of course sometimes it Doesnt know which movie but that will be worked out with more training. Sometimes it looks like it responds but just sits there. Another problem is that I cannot get the MB kinect to inform me of what the movie is about.

More to come.

This is true. Only movie names are loaded when you have chosen to view the library that they belong too. There would be too many Mis recognitions if we were to load everything into the recognizer at once. So you have to ask for the library which contains the media item you wish to view, before you can ask for the media item. I will add this to the "how-to". Yeah, Canada. It is damned cold here, completely iced over, literally about five centimetres of ice on the ground... My car... My house.... I will also make the weather code customizable, I totally forgot I hard coded it. Thank you.

"#movies", I can't quite follow you with your folder structure. Would you mind showing an example. I think that you are using an extra tier of folders, but not sure.

Once you have successfully navigated to the details page for a movie, try this:

"what is this movie about?"

This should cause the app to tell you information.

Edited by chef

While your'e at the fixing Chef Getrid of that awful startup sound :) - (I know I'm gonna get flamed)

Will do, I have changed that startup sound several times. Each is a trial and error.

Edited by chef

mhinchey03@gmail.com

This is true. Only movie names are loaded when you have chosen to view the library that they belong too. There would be too many Mis recognitions if we were to load everything into the recognizer at once. So you have to ask for the library which contains the media item you wish to view, before you can ask for the media item. I will add this to the "how-to". Yeah, Canada. It is damned cold here, completely iced over, literally about five centimetres of ice on the ground... My car... My house.... I will also make the weather code customizable, I totally forgot I hard coded it. Thank you.

"#movies", I can't quite follow you with your folder structure. Would you mind showing an example. I think that you are using an extra tier of folders, but not sure.

My file structure is like this   /     #Movies       #TV       Music Documentaries       Documentaries       misc. Tv Shows

I have only been working through the #Movies and the #TV folders.  I would love to change these folders but Media Browser will not allow me to.  I cant even delete them and start over.  I don't get it because I can change or delete the other ones fairly easy.  I have this on the media browser forum but no one has tackled it yet. 

(About the weather report though I cant access it while in media browser only when media browser is closed)

Hope that helps Chef  Thank you

mhinchey03@gmail.com

I try this and have been trying this with that exact question.  I am actually in the movie I ask about too.  The computer seems to recognize it but says nothing.    I have tried several different movies and tv shows. 

That makes complete sense. How do I go back to the start page when im in a library.?

"Go to home screen" or "go to main menu"

I try this and have been trying this with that exact question. I am actually in the movie I ask about too. The computer seems to recognize it but says nothing. I have tried several different movies and tv shows.

Interesting, if the command is recognized but the voice says nothing, then it is a bug. Good catch! I will look at the code. I think I know the problem. I had switched to an asynchronous speech synthesizer recently in the code. This caused some minor issues with the speech synth object in some cases. I'll fix it.

My file structure is like this / #Movies #TV Music Documentaries Documentaries misc. Tv Shows

I have only been working through the #Movies and the #TV folders. I would love to change these folders but Media Browser will not allow me to. I cant even delete them and start over. I don't get it because I can change or delete the other ones fairly easy. I have this on the media browser forum but no one has tackled it yet.

(About the weather report though I cant access it while in media browser only when media browser is closed)

Hope that helps Chef Thank you

Let's work on this issue as well. Can you link to the thread where you brought up this issue with the devs. I will take this on, and help fix it.

mhinchey03@gmail.com

Let's work on this issue as well. Can you link to the thread where you brought up this issue with the devs. I will take this on, and help fix it.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=1479&st=0#msg4910

thx  I also used the invite as well.  Maybe others are having the same issue.

Version 2.2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Media%20Browser%20Kinect%202.2.zip

Fixed most of the stuff that was mentioned above.

If you copy your "settings" file into the new folder structure you should be able to use all your original settings.

Sorry didn't fix the weather code yet.

I even found the Error that was causing it not to load in some instances. (I haven't fixed it yet... )

If you guys could test something out:

After you have trained the face recognizer, if you open the face training session again you will see two windows with video.

The smaller window should find you when you speak (using sound source positioning). This was no easy task, and it still needs refining.

What I need to know is:

How responsive is the targeting?

Does it seem to find your face better in some instances then others?

If I can get this part refined, there is nothing stopping us from copying  XBOX One user targeting with face recognition. Bad Ass really.

mhinchey03@gmail.com

Chef,

This release is really unusable to me.  It throws errors everytime I speak to it.  I cannot open the files to read what error is being thrown.  As soon as I click the error (Open ) button it disappears and then Kinect may or may not answer me.     It did go into #movies (by saying "number sign movies") and it read the description.  I do like the music selection that you chose on this release.  Much more pleasing to the ear.  LOL  THX

@mhinchey03@gmail.com

Yes this version will thow an error on first run, regarding a Library.XML which the app can not create fast enough during start up.

Run the app a second time and everything should work as planned.