Kinect install on MB Classic

Sickboy

I am installing MBKinect on MB Classic, not on my MB3 Server.

Do I install Windows Kinect SDK on the MBClassic machine and then MBKinect on the MBClassic machine?

Does anything get installed on the MBServer?

OK.

I have installed SDK 1.8 on the Client Machine (MBClasic)

I have installed the Developer Kit 1.8 on the Client Machine.

I have downloaded the RC1.4 of MBKinect to the Client Machine.  I have unzipped the files.  Where do they need to go?

You can leave the unzipped MBKinect folder on your desktop, and run the exe from there.

Did you read this: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/377-mbkinect/?fromsearch=1

Thank you. 

No I do not have access to that.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

CBers

<p>

Thank you.

No I do not have access to that.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

Damn.

I'll try and find the beta thread.

Sorry got busy this last weekend.

Please uninstall kinect sdk 1.8 and install version 1.7.

I should have the entire mediabrowserkinect.com website finished this week. There you'll be able to follow more in depth instructions.

Don't plug in your kinect yet. If you have uninstall any drivers that may have been installed.

Download sdk 1.7

Install it.

Now plug in your kinect sensor

Make sure the mb server is running, on one of your computers in the home network.

Start mbkinect on the computer you wish to control.

Start mb on the machine you want to control.

Open mbkinect slide menu, select devices from the menu.

On the devices menu, select the media browser application from the drop down box.

Close the devices menu.

If you haven't trained a speech profile yet:

Open windows control panel.

Open "ease of access"

Select speech recognition

In the top left of the screen select "advanced speech options"

In the speech properties window that appears, your windows speech profile should be available for selection (mbkinect automatically creates these for you ".

Select train profile.

Note: mbkinect should still be running during the training process. It may think you are giving commands to it, ignore it. The kinect needs to be running during the training process.

In the new version I will release tomorrow, this has been dealt with.

Once he trainng s done you will have a better experience controlling media browser with speech.

I have also finished a list of command that mbkinect will understand, and it will be available shortly on "mediabrowserkinect.com"

Thank you for you patience. The newest version will be much more intuitive than the in you currently are using.

I have also finished work on an auto configuration for sur round sound and kinect.

The lastest version has the ability to hear you speak during a movie.

• Like 1

Thank you CBers and Chef.

I am not going to be able to really get back into this until next weekend, so I will wait to install your new release.

I have updated mediabrowserkinect.com with the downloads you will need to get this working. I have also started an instruction page there as well. It will need some work but the basics are there.

hedgehogg

I called mine Alice and every night you can here the shouts from my hous "alice ALICE" and the neighbours reply "Who the **** is Alice" :)

• Like 2

CBers

I called mine Alice and every night you can here the shouts from my hous "alice ALICE" and the neighbours reply "Who the **** is Alice" :)

You're in the UK I guess?

I just received my EBAY kinect and USB adapter ($34) as the kids did not appreciate me taking theirs off of the xbox.  I will be installing and configuring this weekend.

Chef, in your older threads, I see that you had some files that you were sharing for more configuration options.  However, your dropbox link is not working.  I am interested in expanding the functionality of the mbkinect to control my lights in my home automation system - Vera2 (micasaverde.com)  I didn't know if there were any other additional files that i need to set this up or if it already imbedded in the main program.

I guess that I will find out tomorrow as I start the install.

• 4 weeks later...
mboehler

I just bought a used Xbox 360 Kinect and want to start using Media Browser N.U.I.  I have followed the instructions (I think) from http://mediabrowserkinect.com/ but I am still having some trouble.

I wasn't sure where to extract the files to, so I just put them all in C:\MBKinect RC1.4. I hope that's ok.

When I start MBKinect.exe I get the following error window:

52aa08260995f_kinect1.jpg

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.  The only thing I have installed on here is Media Browser Classic,  LAV filters, and MBKinect.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• Like 1

mhinchey03@gmail.com

I am having the same issue as above user..mboehler I am using 32 bit windows 7 ultimate....   I have profiles set to log into one of the 2 profiles automatically.   Please advise!!

EDIT:  Things I did to get passed the error.  I don't know if either was the culprit.  I changed the way media browser logged in.  I used manually log in instead of auto.  I also added a blank profile-one moment please.xml file.  I think the logging in manually was the key to getting it to notice but I could be wrong.  I know can set the media browser to automatically log in.

I get a few funny exceptions now.  Two different ones?:  One when I start up the mbkinect.exe file, labeled "starting mbkinect" and one when I say the listen command labeled "saying listening command in mbkinect".  My command is set to "Kinect".  It doesn't get passed this part in the program.  Seems Kinect stops listening.  I have attached my exception files. Please advise.  Thank you in advance..

starting mbkinect.txt

saying listening command in mbkinect.txt

Edited by mhinchey03@gmail.com

Okay, give me one day. I have a version, that works. The current version was still pretty new. There hadn't been very many people taking interest lately. I would like to take this opportunity to test on Windows 8.

There was an issue with the kinect client connecting to the server in this version you guys are mentioning. This has been rectified.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Hey chef

You may not see alot of comments, but I think that there are alot of people reading and watching with interest.

• Like 1

mboehler

Thanks, Chef!

I solved part of my issue by moving the MBKinect folder to the Desktop instead of the C:\ drive.  

Do you have a list of the commands that the Kinect listens for?  That would be extremely helpful. :)

The newest version has a form that appears that lists all sorts of commands.

Remover to train your speech profile so it understands you better.

Using phrases like: " go to" before library names and movie names should browse to the media item.

I just wanted to perfect the face recognition before I released something. I finished it last night. So kinect will recognize your face and load your profile automatically now. I will post something after work today.

• Like 1

I will post it later today. I had to go to work. Everybody wants turkey dinners this time of year. Drives me nuts. Sorry for the wait.

mboehler

Thanks, Chef!

We don't mean to rush you, we are just excited to get started with this. :)  Thanks for making this MB NUI.  It's pretty sweet!

This version Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46151346/Media%20Browser%20Kinect%202.0.zip

Should be fun to play with, but there are some things unfinished. Don't press the extras button in the slide out menu, it doesn't do anything...or at least anything good... at this point. 

I will try and release finished version very soon. If there are issues post them here in this thread, since it seems to have the most people involved at this point.

There will be issues.... But face recognition is fun!!