intermittent missing poster image

farside847

farside847

Small annoyance, every so often when navigating to a movie detail screen the poster image will not display. Backing out and selecting the same movie again will normally fix it. I am not sure if there is a configuration change that might help?

At first I thought it was due to the fact that my movies are stored on a USB drive connected to my sever and it has a tendency to spin down. But the theme song plays, and the landscape image on the previous page displays without any issues so I think it has access to the drive.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Macburp

I have noticed this too - but when I'm using the android app. Don't use my roku enough to notice this one. Suggests this might be a server issue.

farside847

I was able to rule out the USB drive as the source of the issue.

I disabled the theme song playback in the roku app and I have not seen the issue since. But I will keep testing as it was pretty hit and miss...

i have seen it myself with roku but haven't looked into it yet. i don't believe it's the same as android. android shows a placeholder then replaces with the actual image once it's done loading. with roku it just sometimes gets stuck on the placeholer

farside847

Oh good, it's not just me :)

Now with the trick play support, the wife has been using MB constantly and I just started to notice it more. I guess it's a testament to how awesome this app has become. My wife is not easily shifted to new things ;)

farside847

I tested more thoroughly over the weekend.

With the theme song option disabled in the roku app, the issue is completely resolved. so I am guessing the error has something to do with the call to play the music on the movie detail screen.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by farside847