Bug with tuner handling?

mjktg99

mjktg99

I have a HD Homerun Prime and am using ServerWMC.  I have seen this happen a few times after watching live TV.  If from the Live TV stream you just hit the home button on the roku remote Media Browser does not release the tuner.  At that point, I need to go into the serverWMC and manually release it. 

In order to ensure it gets released, I need to hit the back button from the live tv stream and then navigate somewhere else.

I don't know what kind of logs I could provide for this but if there is anything you need, let me know.

yea this is one of those cases where the client is unable to report stoppage to the server because the app doesn't get any notification about the home button being pressed. will have to be looked at in the future

• 1 month later...
rgatze

I have a similar question in the ServerWMC as a follow-on, but it probably belongs here.

Now that I'm able to change channels using the Roku, I notice that I have to wait quite a long time for the stream to close before I can enter a new channel. Can this be sped up somehow?

One thought upon getting a new channel request, is to close the current stream if it exists, and then open a new stream under the new channel, rather than timing out or looking for a home or back button.

I'm not sure exactly where the delay is located when using the back button, so not sure if this would help or not.

mjktg99

I have noticed that since the updates that resolved the initial issue, there is a delay in releasing the tuner. I would guess its about a 15-20 second delay before the tuner gets released.  I can get a better timing when I get home.