Samsung Smart TV app becoming very popular

CBers

SilentAssassin

Got no experience with Samsung TVs but I'm guessing there is some type of store you download apps from, hopefully it will make it there and be an official app. I'm moving house in a few months and I've already decided that I'm kitting it out with Samsung TVs so I can use the app and not need external boxes.

Edited by SilentAssassin
  • Like 2

FrostByte

It was nice to put the Roku back in the box.  I like this app because it's just simple and very wife friendly

• Like 1

simono5

I'm enjoying the apps evolution. Every change and tweak you get a new version to trial and to witness how quickly the app has progressed in this short time has been great. The developer(s) are open with progress updates which is great. It's shaping up nicely and I'm immensely grateful for everyone's efforts.

• Like 2

AdrianW

I've just taken a look at the most recent release - the last time I tried it the version was 0.400d.

Wow, the app has come a long way - it looks really good now, and has just about all the features you could want. 

I really like the overlaid progress bar and codec / transcoding info - very useful. And there's great use of posters, thumbnails and backdrops.

So when is this app hitting the Samsung TV app store?....is there some reason/s why it is not already?

The dev mentioned above that the store's release cycle is measured in weeks.  So, while under active development it doesn't make any sense to put it in there.