App Install security problem

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

failed to install

www.samsungdforum.com/support/tvappssecurity

ue46es7000

doing software update 002015...wow was a long way behind on 002006..still no joy

gettotalnumofstreamid in guiplayer.js is what its complaining about

Edited by ginjaninja

Thor91172

I was upgrading form 0.515 to the most recent and was confronted by a message "Failed to Install".  The message also noterd "undocumenterd API".  Additionally the message refered me to http://www.samsungdforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity.  The existing app, 0.515, would not work after the attempted update.  I deleted the v0.515 and attempted to install ending with the same security message.  I have rebooted, updated the TV firmware and Smarthub app, all resulting in the same security message. The TV is a UN55FH6200, firmware 002003 , SmartHub 4.6161-5.0.

Same here on a UE55F7000.

Problematic calls are GetTotalNumOfStreamID and GetCurrentStreamID, both are classified as UndocumentedAPI

Thanks

Edited by Ming
  • Like 1

ginjaninja

Think I'll hold off on updating then :)

think u will have to unplug from internet..otherwise next time u run it..it be get clobbered....plex has also be chopped...lets hope samsung havent just gimped local media servers.

edit nope..it wobbled..but plex client passed this new test..

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

It appears to be working here still.  I wonder if it's only in the UK then

im in uk

FrostByte

It looks like everyone who has reported the issue so far has been somewhere in Europe.  I'm in the US

chessdragon136

Same here on a UE55F7000.

Problematic calls are GetTotalNumOfStreamID and GetCurrentStreamID, both are classified as UndocumentedAPI

Thanks

Yeah I forgot about that - This is the issue I have with this app, there's soo much useful code I cannot use!!!

I only introduced that code in the last release - not a tv firmware or the like issue.  

Just pushed out a new version

Edited by chessdragon136

Thor91172

ChessDragon136,  is there a new Ip address for the updated download?  I attempted again after reading that you had pushed an updated and got the failed install.

Edited by Thor91172

ginjaninja

ChessDragon136, is there a new Ip address for the updated download? I attempted again after reading that you had pushed an updated and got the failed install.

Me too..still failing..same error

ginjaninja

Just reinstalled 570h using the address ending in 54 with no issues

the client must be caching something...still not working for me on .54....will trying installing another app first to see if that clears it...

chessdragon136

Pull power from to and do it. The problem is as I dont always bump up the version number and push multiple updates a day the to thinks it's the same when it isn't. Kinda my fault

• Like 1

Thor91172

Pull power from to and do it. The problem is as I dont always bump up the version number and push multiple updates a day the to thinks it's the same when it isn't. Kinda my fault

Working now. 

Thank You

ginjaninja

Working now.

Thank You

Not for me..pulled power for two mins..no joy

Installing another app first..seemed to sort it

Edited by ginjaninja