Invalid application, Unable to launch MB3

chilloutboy

chilloutboy

Hi

Just recently I have been having trouble launching MB3 classic from within WMC.  I have Server Version 3.0.5518.7 and MB3 Classic 3.0.2430.   I run windows 7 as the client and Windows 8 as the server.  These are connected over a GBit wired network. The only changes i have been doing is trying to configure VioxCommando but not sure how this would affect this particular issue.  I use the Chocolate theme but not EHS.

I can eventually get it to work after 4 or 5 attempts.

I have enabled logging and the error in the log causing the issue is "2015-03-08 17:16:36.6943,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.1.70:8096/mediabrowser/Images/MediaInfo?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application"

Any ideas?

I have attached the full log file.

Thanks in advance.

PS.  One more thing... I am running Server as a service but i have done for months without any issues prior to this.

MBClassic-832015c3f8e2397b8b48d0a045df4f3dc9626a.log

Edited by chilloutboy

chilloutboy

An update...

After readeing other threads related to this issue, I uninstalled the Chocolate theme restarted everything and re installed Chocolate and it appeared to to work for a short time.  But then after a day the same issue is stil there 100% of the time.

I have set the server to install Beta versions but the same version is avaialable as Released and Beta so this has no effect.

If I try to start MBC after the third attempt it comes up with diifferent error " Program not responding" and then, most times, it will launch successfully.

This is not a major issue but an annoyance, Anyone else getting this issues?

I've had this today made sure server and mbc were beta, still same.

left it alone and it appeared to cure itself? maybe some plugins crashing mbc?? I did have some trailer and serverwmc updates. maybe that fixed it?

For any such errors I would need to see the Windows Event log to know what is going on.

@@ebr my mbclassic is definitely flakey atm. which logs do you want to see and i'll try get them up next time mine stalls.

i'm on beta server and mbc. it appears to me the app is timing out after the server doesn't respond quickly enough.

not sure why that is though cos it's local.

did you mean the computer management windows logs in the statement above??

I meant the Windows Event Log but the one you sent  me shows WMC crashing, not us.  If there are any specifiying ehexthost as the module, then post that.  Also not a bad idea to see a MBC log that goes along with it.

• 4 weeks later...