Increasing Performance on Large Collections (Especially Album Artist)

ginjaninja

chessdragon136

Ok i think i'm following you

I'll push out a new version in 20 mins or so

• Like 1

People processing on the server is relatively slow because we have to calculate all of the items they belong to on the fly.  This is an area tagged for improvement in the future but it will take quite a bit of re-architecting stuff I believe.  So, clients do have to be very careful about trying to bring back large blocks of people (actors, artists, whatever).

ginjaninja

People processing on the server is relatively slow because we have to calculate all of the items they belong to on the fly.  This is an area tagged for improvement in the future but it will take quite a bit of re-architecting stuff I believe.  So, clients do have to be very careful about trying to bring back large blocks of people (actors, artists, whatever).

in my experience speed of album artists is the people one with highest priority..common client interfaces under common use are affected...waiting for cast and crew..not so much of an issue..much less time critical and less frequently used...but album artists (i use) all the time..

the roku's design of splitting into letters is the most performant (speed and useability) of all the clients...imo..currently

chessdragon136

Yeah well I was hoping the chunk loading would help more but I will implement an A to Z view. I'll leave the chunk coding in and bring the chunk size down to 100 a pop or make it a device option so users with faster servers can load larger chunks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...