Update procedure

MongooseMan

MongooseMan

Could someone give a writeup on the preferred procedure to update the app, once it's already installed?

Are you meant to delete it and redo the installation steps?

Or does it update itself?

Or something in between?

Ideally I think this info should probably go at the bottom of the installation instructions thread.

Thanks!

chessdragon136

It used to be - must have got lost -

Ideally you uninstall the app, reboot tv, install new app same as previously - most users just install without uninstalling but occasionally it doesnt work correctly.

CBers

Install over the top unless it fails and then follow what Chess States.

Why are you asking? Are you having problems? Which TV model do you have?

There are known issues with H model TVs.

MongooseMan

I've got an HU7000. 

Did a reinstall last night and it got "weird" for a while until I uninstalled, hard rebooted and installed again.

Just wasn't sure what was the correct procedure to ensure minimum potential problems.

Strudo76

My mate has a Samsung UA65H6400AW and we had a hell of a time trying to update the app. Tried multiple times to install over the top and couldn't get anywhere. Would just always stop responding, or return with a message to try again later. Each time after problems I'd restart the TV and then starting MB would just start the existing version, so the new stuff couldn't have been getting to the TV.

Ended up having to go through the whole uninstall, reinstall process before I could get it updated.