VideoGain - Adjust Audio Volume

Nologic

Nologic

Why:

hmm I'm lazy and don't like to adjust the volume of my TV for each Show\Movie.

Requirements:

VideoGain

Visual C++ Runtimes must be installed

VC2005

VC2008

VC2010

.NET Framework 2.0 must be installed (Standard Vista+)

Instructions:

Extract VideoGain archive into a folder...ideally called "VideoGain" so it's easy to find and use next time.

Then read the ReadMe.txt it goes over nearly everything.

Exceptions being, the command line has changed, and there is now AC3 encoding...which higher values equal better sound, but larger file sizes.

You'll basically be looking to use ether ReplayGain or r128 Gain...if you live in Europe...I'd strongly suggest r128 as that is the spec used on TV stations there. Everywhere else...take your pick, both are fine...ReplayGain tends to be louder.

If your audio is MP3 or AAC already...you may wish to use the (Tag) versions...as they are non-destructive...since there is no re-encoding of the audio.

If you use a Roku, you should ether make your audio AC3 if you want more than Stereo...or use AAC. If you do go AAC and you have audio...that wasn't Stereo to being with...you should probably select "DownMix (Stereo)"

Also if you use a Roku...if you go videos done in Xvid or the like...this will encode to H.264 making your videos playable without transcoding. If you do this...be sure to use a quality factor of 21 or less...smaller will mean a bigger file size, but also less damage. Also set the speed to Meduim or slower to cut down on file size.

Edited by Nologic