[DEV]Vu+ / Enigma2 Live TV plugin

CompoUK

How can I wipe the channel list from emby server?

I have added a new bouquet on my vuplus STB and changed the settings to sync channels from within the Emby LiveTV Plugin but obviously the previous channels don't get wiped and new bouquet channels are added to the old ones?

Try removing it from Emby, refreshing the guide, then adding it back.

tgessendorfer

Try removing it from Emby, refreshing the guide, then adding it back.

Tried that except refreshing the guide...Somehow seems to cache the channel list somewhere...Will try again tomorrow

• 1 month later...
tgessendorfer

OK all looks fine...

However I would like to completely wipe the plugin settings after uninstalling it. Seems that all settings and channel lists are cached or stored somewhere? I would like to resetup cleanly and create a new channel list sorting as well.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

I really love this Plugin but I have one little feature request as my VU often is in deep standby:

It would be great to have another field in configuration: "Wake-up command". There you could specifiy a wake-up command, either a system command (e.g. ehterwake) or an http command (would be great in my case, cause my VU has no WOL and I start it via an Logitech Harmony http command).

And then if Emby needs the VU (eg. to refresh guide or when you want to watch TV and emby gets no connection, this command is applied and emby starts the next try to connect to the VU 15 secs. later.

Thanks for all your great work!

whats i do wrong?

i see only my records, but no channels. channels section is empty

2017-10-10 19:25:32.512 Info App: [VuPlus] Start GetRecordingsAsync, retrieve all 'Inprogress' and 'Completed' recordings 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.517 Info App: [VuPlus] Start EnsureConnectionAsync
2017-10-10 19:25:32.518 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 45ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync HostName: 192.168.1.155
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync StreamingPort: 8001
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync WebInterfacePort: 80
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync WebInterfaceUsername: 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync WebInterfacePassword: 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync UseSecureHTTPS: False
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync OnlyOneBouquet: True
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync TVBouquet: FreeTV
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync ZapToChannel: False
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync FetchPiconsFromWebInterface: True
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync PiconsPath: 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync RecordingPath: 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync EnableDebugLogging: True
2017-10-10 19:25:32.527 Info App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync Validation of config parameters completed
2017-10-10 19:25:32.532 Info App: [VuPlus] Start InitiateSession, validates connection and returns Bouquet reference if required
2017-10-10 19:25:32.532 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.155:80/web/getservices
2017-10-10 19:25:32.545 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to ::1. Time: 143ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/Sessions 
2017-10-10 19:25:32.548 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=UserInstalled. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36
2017-10-10 19:25:32.552 Info InstallationManager: Opening C:\Users\Ralf\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\serverpackages.json
2017-10-10 19:25:32.565 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.155:80/web/movielist

post-9240-0-08439100-1507656636_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Its my first post about EMBY and STB Enigma2. I have problem because in emby I install plugin VUPlus but they cant find my STB ;-( I dont know whats is wrong. When I login to Webif then i can waching all TV canal.

59f0d5ecbb87e_vuplus.jpg

I think I have a problem with this plugin.

In my sat receiver I have 3 types of channels, SAT, DVB and some IPTV Channels. Everything works even EPG from that IPTV Channels that have it, but the picons for this channels doesn't appear on emby apps/server

This is a screenshot from E-Channelizer, a tool for Enigma2 receivers, all logos are ok, they are from a local location on the server. When I syncronize this tool with the receiver, all picons are transfered to the receiver.

lTpKKiK.png

When I active the plugin and refresh guide on Emby, everthing it's ok. EPG is ok, even for those IPTV channels but no logos, I can put it manually, but... Why doesn't take from openwebif? I used both options, I selected from a local location too, like I wrote E-Channelizer is using that location, and doesn't work either for the plugin :\

nGSJD9j.png

In Open Webif shows all (Channel "CanalSurHD" doesn't appear here because doesn't have EPG, this is a screenshot from MultiEPG option)

aBSL2qg.png

RED = DVB

YELLOW = SAT

BLUE = IPTV

So, IPTV can't get picons?

• 2 weeks later...

if you have an enigma tv tuner then we have a better way of using that with Emby. Now with OpenVix you can add your enigma tuner directly to Emby using Emby's native support. No VU+ plugin needed.

You can learn more here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52762-enigma2-livetvdvr-support/

Thanks !

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, is it possible to add more than one favourite bouquet? If yes, how can i add a second bouquet into Vu+ TVBouquet: ? Separate with a , or ; doesnt help...

• 1 month later...
tgessendorfer

I have currently issues using https for Enigma2 Webinterface. Did the following to make sure all fine:

• set up OpenWebIf Extension to use https with authentication on port 8886
  • configured the Enigma2 LiveTV plugin to use port 8886 and https
  • provided same username/password for OpenWebIf user as before (with http still works just fine!=
  • provided my own key.pem and cert.pem files on my Engima2 Box (/etc/enigma2) and rebooted. Verified by loging in via Chrome Webbrowser through https on port 8887 the security page doesn't show up

Now in the logfiles I get the following error:

2018-01-30 15:55:17.268 Info HttpClient: GET: https://<My_FQDN>:8887/web/getservices
2018-01-30 15:55:17.467 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://<My_FQDN>:8887/web/getservices
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.70.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.112
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.CurlException: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.ThrowIfCURLEError(CURLcode error)
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
     at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__59.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
     at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__59.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.Http.CurlException
    System.Net.Http.CurlException: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)

First I thought that the SSL security is requiring an official SSL certificate but now I have no clue anymore as when opening the link https://<My_FQDN>:8887/web/getservices through Chrome all definately looks fine!

Any ideas what I am missing here???

• 1 year later...
Coxeroni

Is this safe to be used remotely? I have my emby server setup at a VPS and think about sharing my Vu+ at home with it to have access to TV whereever I want to. If I set a strong password for the OpenWebIF I should be safe opening the respective ports am I? Is the streaming itself also secured with the user/password or is it just the WebIF itself?

Edit: one of the questions I can answer myself, the OpenWebIF at the VU has a toggle for "require user/pw for streaming".

Edited by Coxeroni

• 4 years later...
RonnieSK

Dear Emby Team !

I would like to kindly ask for assistance with mentioned plugin. Im using actually most recent version of Emby Server with Premiere and the most recent VuPlus plugin. Im using livetv strictly via openwebif on multiple platforms for years, so it would be fantastic to have finally everything under one app. I have everything managed and configured. Bouquets, Picons, EPG, everything works great, but i cant find the "Zap before streaming" option. Without this possibility im sadly unable to use the plugin, since i have to switch/zap to preferred channel any other way (manually on stb, via web openwebif, vlc or different openwebif app in my phone/appletv) to get the stream in Emby.

Thank you very much !

7 minutes ago, RonnieSK said:

Dear Emby Team !

I would like to kindly ask for assistance with mentioned plugin. Im using actually most recent version of Emby Server with Premiere and the most recent VuPlus plugin. Im using livetv strictly via openwebif on multiple platforms for years, so it would be fantastic to have finally everything under one app. I have everything managed and configured. Bouquets, Picons, EPG, everything works great, but i cant find the "Zap before streaming" option. Without this possibility im sadly unable to use the plugin, since i have to switch/zap to preferred channel any other way (manually on stb, via web openwebif, vlc or different openwebif app in my phone/appletv) to get the stream in Emby.

Thank you very much !

Hi, what does Zap mean? Why can't you  just press play in Emby?

RonnieSK
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what does Zap mean? Why can't you  just press play in Emby?

Dear Luke !

Thank you for your reply ! Of course i do that, but the stream doesnt start if i didnt "switch" manually in any upper described way to the channel i would like to play in "EMBY". This is called "zapping", so changing-switching to the desired channel. The device should first Zap/switch to the requested channel and then start streaming. For instance when i stream "MTV" and i would like to switch to "VH1", it doesnt work in Emby, since the VH1 stream doesnt start (still streaming MTV in background, because the device does not Zap to the next channel). The option is listed in built-in OpenWebIf. Every other app/software has this (working) functionality. Sadly i miss it here and is unable for me to use the plugin like this

IMG_0256.jpeg

RonnieSK

@Lukei also find in this topic on previous pages two screenshots from config page of previous versions of this plugin (date cca 2016). Both hast the "zap" checkbox-functionality :

4fhmjlyg.jpg

56e84bd9307e3_vuplus_1.png

56e84beb22cca_vuplus_2.png

Edited by RonnieSK
image editing

RonnieSK

Sadly im unable to describe better the OpenWebIf stream functionality in Enigma2 OS.

In basics You start the internal OpenWebIf player, or some external app (web based player, VLC, VuPlusTV, Emby Vu+ plugin...), choose your channel -> push play -> the app sends the Zap command to the Satellite STB to switch to the requested channel and start streaming -> you receive the choosen stream/channel in your preferred app (web based player, VLC, VuPlusTV, Emby Vu+ plugin...). What is in my case missing in this procedure is the "the app sends the Zap command to the Satellite STB to switch to requested channel and start streaming".

Why can't you just stop mtv in Emby and then play VH1?

As i mentioned, i can do that, but i didnt get the VH1 stream, because my STB isnt "ZAPPED" to VH1 channel and remains still on MTV. So ill STOP MTV in Emby -> i push play VH1 in Emby -> black screen = no stream is playing -> i switch back to MTV in Emby -> the channel/stream is playing. But no other channel ! I have to go to OpenWebIf player, VLC, any 3rd party app for this purpose or switch the STB manually to different channel. Now THIS channel is again possible to stream in Emby, no other. 

ZAP!!!!.png

• 2 weeks later...
MatthieuM
On 06/12/2023 at 22:58, RonnieSK said:

Dear Emby Team !

Thank you very much !

I am also using the latest VuPlus plugin but have not had much luck importing the Picons automatically through the plugin.
Would you mind indicating to me the format and path of your Picons folder in your enigma2 receiver ?