[DEV]Vu+ / Enigma2 Live TV plugin

CompoUK

detox1978

Hi,

I've installed the plugin and get the following error.  Any ideas?

2015-11-10 23:36:26.0956 Error - App: [VuPlus] Failed to parse timer information.
2015-11-10 23:36:26.0956 Error - App: [VuPlus] GetRecordingsAsync error: Input string was not in a correct format.
2015-11-10 23:36:26.0956 Error - App: Error getting recordings
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5781.1
Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Failed to parse timer information.
System.ApplicationException
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.VuPlus.LiveTvService.<GetRecordingsAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<>c__DisplayClassfe.<<RefreshRecordings>b__f7>d__103.MoveNext()
Edited by detox1978

• 1 month later...
chrisballuk

I'm not sure if your still working on this plugin compo. I have just installed the latest version of emby, installed the vu plugin. I have tried a few different versions and also tried the beta emby to see if that helps but when i go to the vu plugin settings it just sits with the circle spinning and i i try to save any settings i get this error.

http://pastebin.com/JVpWY440

Any help would be greatly apreciated. I beleive a couple of other plugins have needed to be updated for the same reason.

I have the same issue as Chris - just added the vu+ plugin and when I try to save any settings I get the same error message

chrisballuk

Have just done some more digging, looks like any plugin that hasnt been updated for the new Emby java script wont work. It needs to be modified to work but i dont have the skills. I hope compoUK can help us out and hasnt left the scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when this plug will be fixed with the new versions of Emby? Got my Vu Duo repaired just to connect to emby. Is there a manual way to configure the connection to Vu? maybe an xml or something? I am just getting the spinning circle and then when hitting save:

Response Status Error Code InvalidOperationException Message Sequence contains no matching element Stack Trace [GetDashboardConfigurationPage: 15/01/2016 22:19:13]: [REQUEST: {}] System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.Get(GetDashboardConfigurationPage request) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object ) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto) Errors

chrisballuk

I sent him a message a while back, no reply. No harm in others trying but I think he has left the emby scene. Shame as I have had to go back to plex and the clunky dreambox plugin.

chrisballuk

Try sending the developer a PM.

Luke am I right that you did the update needed for the new api to all of the other plugins. Is it possible you could do the same for this one if it's established he has definitely abandoned it. I understand you don't want to step on any toes messing with third party plugins.

Yes I've taken care of it. Completely untested of course since I do not have an environment to try it out.

• Like 2

chrisballuk

Thanks Luke, the settings can now be inputted and appear to save correctly, no luck getting it to work though. Put the settings in and checked the logs. It appeared to not like the http part on the ip so i removed. Tried again, still no luck even though no errors in the log. Shame.

I think the plugin is broken somehow, maybe to do with enigma2 not emby. I've uploaded my last 4 logs see if you can find anything...

i'll pm you the link, just in case there's any sensitive material in there!! 

Edited by Lee

@@Luke further to the above i retested the plugin on kodi which i believe this is based on... it stopped working on my system, now it is working again. not sure how that may help other than to show the process "can" work. livetv works on open webif (webstream thru a dashboard ala emby) and perfectly with kodi, the guide was importing too slowly but surely in kodi. (is always available in webif).

chrisballuk

Took a long time to populate the Chanels but finally worked. Think I need to create a favourites list so it doesn't add all of them. Thanks again Luke for getting it working

Thanks Luke,

This is working for me - apart from the picons. (minor issue)

Thanks again!!

which image are u using mate?

i'm on vix and get no dice with this plugin...

I'm on OpenPli and just to let you know that it is working fine. Also the picons that is stored under /usr/share/enigma2/picon/ folder of the VU+ box.

You should put picons folder like this in the setting of VU+ add-on of Emby.

Luke, thanks for the fix!

• Like 2

Raducanu

Works for me. Please check "Vu+ hostname or ip address:" Without! http://

This works for me

4fhmjlyg.jpg

Because, if you enter the hostname/ip with http, you generate this error:

2016-01-19 20:36:27.0176 Error App: Error getting response from http://http://192.168.0.7:80/web/getservices
Edited by Raducanu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok so ... it seems the plugin wasn't updating my ip address. it was stuck at what I put in originally! I deleted the old config files in user>appdata>roaming>embyserver>plugins>config

and

BOOM... 

full guide and the lot.. #winning

anyone using this got any clues regarding how to set the default audio for streaming??

Can I set that on the VuPlus box (the streaming one that is.. I know I can the native one!!)

i keep getting the narrated version. VERY annoying!

Edited by Lee