[DEV]Vu+ / Enigma2 Live TV plugin

CompoUK

Sven

Thanks.

Updated again, hopefully be ok now.

No problem. I had that problem also in the first version for the NextPvr plugin. :)

retsok

I can confirm that the issue has been solved now in the 10.0.0.9 release. By the way previous version (.8) was only displaying the recording time wrong on Emby under "scheduled" menu, but on Open webif Timers menu it was okay. Now (.9) both are displaying the correct times. Thanks again.

CompoUK

Will dvb subtitles appear with this plugin ?

Sorry, I currently can't see any more major features being added to this plugin unless Emby/Api are enhanced.

Sven

Sorry, I currently can't see any more major features being added to this plugin unless Emby/Api are enhanced.

What do you need?

CompoUK

What do you need?

The main restriction are down to the limited api provided by these VU+/Enigma2 boxes and the fairly basic built in functionality. 

I would add Series recording but this is not natively supported.

The only thing that I could do fairly easy if the functionality was available within Emby would be to group the channels by their Bouqets which I think would be useful for some users.

• Like 1

Sven

So it's both the API from VU+/Enigma2 and the API on Emby side?

You mean the Channel groups?  So you can select from a group of channels in Emby?

CompoUK

So it's both the API from VU+/Enigma2 and the API on Emby side?

You mean the Channel groups?  So you can select from a group of channels in Emby?

Yes, channel grouping - like what is available in Kodi. Apart from that, I don't think anything of note can be added to this plugin due to the Vu+/Enigma2 box limitations.

IvoASB

Hi,

Great Work! Works well, but is posible to use more then one VU+ setopbox ? I have two vu+ zero at home .

Thnaks

CompoUK

Hi,

Great Work! Works well, but is posible to use more then one VU+ setopbox ? I have two vu+ zero at home .

Thnaks

That should be possible. Within the emby screens apart from the Vu+ configuration page, they would be shown as if you had only the one tuner. So for example, the channels for the second Vu+ will be shown immediately after the first.

CompoUK

Hi,

Thnaks

You should now be able to configure both of them now. had to change a lot of the code. Let me know how you get on.

If Channel grouping is ever added to emby then I could amend this plugin to break down the channels by Vu+ Player and Channel Group(bouquet) which would make it a lot better when multiple Vu+ players are being used.

• 1 month later...
EgMaf

I'm trying, but I can't get live streaming to work. Everything else seems to work fine: EPG, recording etc...

Settings - Live TV shows VuPlus up to date (v1.0.0.10) and active, status Ok, 2 sources available (but no source / program listed?)

My box has Enigma 2 on it, with a DVB-T and a DVB-S2 tuner.

Using the WebUI, everything works, and I can stream to VLC which shows that it is using port 8001.

Channel list and EPG work, so I guess hostname and port 80 for the web interface are correctly configured.

Streaming to VLC (direct from the WebUI of the box) uses port 8001, so I guess that is also the port for streaming.

But when I go to stream in de web client (Win/IE), I get "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available.". In FireFox (on Windows) I get no message at all. In both cases, the control bar (play/FF/volume) does show up.

I've tried with or without Zap before Channel switch, no difference.

I do find it strange that settings - Live TV (in Plex) show both tuners with no source / program, even when the box is tuned to a channel and streaming it direct to VLC.

What could be the issue here?

• 1 month later...
retsok

Hi, with the new way of TV guide implementation of Emby, it seems like VU+ addon is not working anymore to retrieve the TV Guide from the VU+ box.

I am unable to retrieve the TV Guide, it shows an empty tv guide, also not after manually performing the refresh option from the addon.

Is there a solution for this problem?

UPDATE : Please ignore my request. It seems something wrong with VU+ box at that time. It is working now.

Edited by retsok

• 3 weeks later...
Lee

Is this still being actively developed? Going to get me a vu+ solo2 methinks....

Just found this emby media server yesterday. Thought i´d give it a go.

And must say it is very competent. I was also happy to see VU+ plugin, just like in Kodi wich i use today.

Been trying to get it to work, installed and just copied the settings from my working Kodi.

But i have yet to see even the channels list.

Emby running on FreeBSD server and i freaking love the interface and the profiles part. (I have kids at home)

My version of the VU+ plugin seems to be 1.0.0.10

And thanks for all the effort you guys put in to this.

Got it to work. Seems i forgot to reboot the dm800 for the new chan-list to load.

Playing in a google chrome browser i get stutter on all HD channels no matter what quality i choose from the dropdown list.

The SD channels works just fine. Hardware acceleration perhaps?

Any ideas someone?

Edited by P3ws

After consulting a friend of mine we concluded.

Emby transcodes the signal from the satbox on emby-server to relay to clients thus you get this stutter on HD tv, given the hardware im running on.

Solution might be trans-coding locally. Since Kodi does just that and with vlc plugin in browsers all the clients can do it.

This would ease up the workload for emby-server.

Just my two cents...

post-55693-0-42410600-1436692924_thumb.jpg

Edited by P3ws

I've got a question regarding vu+ etc... Given that some of these are getting Kodi running on them would it not be easier to just make an emby plugin for the vu+ and play all the content thru that?? (I haven't got mine yet btw so sorry if that's stupid!)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone offer advice on how to get this working? I *had* the kodi plugin working but somehow broke it, then got the vusolo2 stuck in a bootliop faffing about with openwebif. Kodi says connection lost. I'm pretty sure i need to telnet in and change my root password too like!!!

Right so... This plugin doesn't work for me in emby, the kodi one doesn't either? However I can access thru openwebif and tv streams flawlessly and the guide works... Any ideas anyone???

• 1 month later...

Right so... This plugin doesn't work for me in emby, the kodi one doesn't either? However I can access thru openwebif and tv streams flawlessly and the guide works... Any ideas anyone???

Same her, have setup IP of my VU+ in Emby but still nothing shows up :(

elmortero

Hi,

First of all: I just Love this plugin.

And therefor I have a request: I there any chance that this will be extended to Live Radio so that radio stations can also be streamed to Emby clients.

I tried if I could add a radio station to a TV bouquet but it doesn't work.