[DEV]Vu+ / Enigma2 Live TV plugin

CompoUK

CompoUK

While in the Dev mode, I couldn't update the latest plug 1.0.2, as many times that I restarts the server or closed the computer down for a clean restart it doesn't seems to update, I have added a log for your review. resolved

Congrat "I am now able to play Live TV through VuPlus" :D excellent Job, You've nailed it I think that is the main issue the rest will be resolved in no time. 

However, I noticed that Picon did not dispalyed  on I.0.3, so I changed the location to C:\Users\Dell 9020\Desktop\Picon from \\WDMYCLOUDEX4\Public_2\Logos, this cause all tuners to disappear hence no TV channels is displayed, then I change it back and then restart server, then TV channels lisiting resumed but no Picon still.

On my Kodi Live TV the Picon path is set to  =>>\\WDMYCLOUDEX4\Public_2\Logos, and this work fine, not sure why MB3 did not show ;)

I have attached few logs, not meant to overwheelm you but hope it provide sufficient info to establish the issue

Cheers! Nice Big One

attachicon.gifserver-63561787663.txt

attachicon.gifserver-63561787838.txt

attachicon.gifserver-63561787970.txt

attachicon.gifserver-63561788015.txt

attachicon.gifserver-63561788192.txt

attachicon.giftranscode-b7e9ea76-1e66-400f-94d0-3d888b521684.txt

attachicon.giftranscode-ee358152-a524-4a87-bbe6-85adf170895f.txt

That's good news.

Regarding the picons, the logs show your config was set to the following 2 paths:

2015-03-12 20:07:51.0401 Info - App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync PiconsPath: C:\Users\Dell 9020\Desktop\Picon
2015-03-12 20:13:02.7116 Info - App: [VuPlus] EnsureConnectionAsync PiconsPath: \\WDMYCLOUDEX4\Public_2\Logos

You need to add a back slash to the end of them.
So in your config you need to have it set to \\WDMYCLOUDEX4\Public_2\Logos\

Please give it  a try and see if that fixes it for you.
Edited by CompoUK

e123enitan

I will try include "\" and report back.

Just as an FYI, I tried Live TV on my MB Android wifi, it works like a cham, no bufurringor lag once it started streaming, although my wifi is strong, one thing which is obvious between LAN/WIFI connections are the speed of launching channels is slow, I will suggest we need to log time to establish were it lag for possible improvement.

Thanks

t123thomas

Hi C-UK, to keep you update, I have done as suggested adding back slash \ but doesn't show. so I opt for, getting the picons throught Vu box to interface openwebif  if that would help, I shall keep you posted.

Thanks

• Like 1

CompoUK

Hi C-UK, to keep you update, I have done as suggested adding back slash \ but doesn't show. so I opt for, getting the picons throught Vu box to interface openwebif if that would help, I shall keep you posted.

Thanks

Was it on all of the Live TV pages?

Since my Server was recently updated to the latest set of dev builds which included changes to the Live TV suggested page, the suggested page is no longer showing the picons - others are OK apart from when you select a program from the guide.

If you could post a copy of your logs where you added the \ at the end, I will try and recreate the issue.

Edited by CompoUK

e123enitan

OK when I get home, I will creat a log for your review

Edited by e123enitan

retsok

I'm so happy now with this new Vu+ LiveTV add-on, just where I was waiting for. Keep up the good work!!

After installing the add-on I have for some reason an one hour difference in the TV guide of any channel on Android and web browser view. MB Server side has the right time and also the VU+ Duo2 tuner (Central European Time +1 UTC)

I also use XBMC and MB skin with the PVR VU+ add-on enabled and the timing on this TV guide seems in sync without one hour difference.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

CompoUK

I'm so happy now with this new Vu+ LiveTV add-on, just where I was waiting for. Keep up the good work!!

After installing the add-on I have for some reason an one hour difference in the TV guide of any channel on Android and web browser view. MB Server side has the right time and also the VU+ Duo2 tuner (Central European Time +1 UTC)

I also use XBMC and MB skin with the PVR VU+ add-on enabled and the timing on this TV guide seems in sync without one hour difference.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about this one.

I looked at other LiveTv plugins for MB and the XBMC/Kodi Vu+ addon and I can't see anything in the code relating to time zones. 

Can anyone else who is not on GMT confirm whether they are having the same issues?

e123enitan

I looked at other LiveTv plugins for MB and the XBMC/Kodi Vu+ addon and I can't see anything in the code relating to time zones. 

Can anyone else who is not on GMT confirm whether they are having the same issues?

Good to see another users of Vu+ on board, does any one noticed a slow channels switched in Kodi/Vu+ and possible enhancement to speed up channels changing. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
retsok

Now that we are moved to summer time (GMT +2 CET) and UK time (GMT +1) I noticed that the tv guide has now jumped from 1 hour to 2 hours difference. Could you please check if your guide is in sync with your UK time or that you now also facing a one hour difference.

Thanks

CompoUK

Now that we are moved to summer time (GMT +2 CET) and UK time (GMT +1) I noticed that the tv guide has now jumped from 1 hour to 2 hours difference. Could you please check if your guide is in sync with your UK time or that you now also facing a one hour difference.

Thanks

Just checked and my TV guide is now an hour out Edited by CompoUK

retsok

Just checked and my TV guide is now an hour out

Hopefully the developers of Emby can advise where to modify the code to setup the local time issue. Let's hope it will be easy solution. Thanks for your update.

CompoUK

Hopefully the developers of Emby can advise where to modify the code to setup the local time issue. Let's hope it will be easy solution. Thanks for your update.

EPG times should now be fixed.

wally007

hello CompoUK,

im about to have weekend to myself so i thought about giving MB3 a annual test and would like to test live tv as well.

Regarding limitations of this plugin, are they limitations of dreambox api, MB3 or its just not implemented yet ?

Series recording is a biggie at home so in case its not possible, id try dvblink as a middle man

thanks

CompoUK

hello CompoUK,

im about to have weekend to myself so i thought about giving MB3 a annual test and would like to test live tv as well.

Regarding limitations of this plugin, are they limitations of dreambox api, MB3 or its just not implemented yet ?

Series recording is a biggie at home so in case its not possible, id try dvblink as a middle man

thanks

The main limitations are down to the api and that series recordings are not natively supported by these tuner boxes. There is a plugin called autotimer, I will look into this and see what the api provides.

If you need series recording now then you need to look elsewhere.

Edited by CompoUK

e123enitan

Few questions -

First Just wondering why a delay in playing a channel in Emby, but in the Vuplus it very fast.

Second I have not been able to add pic on to my channels list. Is there a path or folder in the server where the picons are saved if that would help.

retsok

Hi CompoUK, It seems for UK time to be fixed, but I have instead of 2 hours offset now 1 hour offset. So not completely fixed yet. Hopefully you can have a look at it again. Thanks in advance.

retsok

Few questions -

First Just wondering why a delay in playing a channel in Emby, but in the Vuplus it very fast.

Second I have not been able to add pic on to my channels list. Is there a path or folder in the server where the picons are saved if that would help.

Hi e123enitan, The delay has probably to do with the transcoding that needs to be done on the server side. This needs to be started to be able to stream your channel.

The plugin will retrieve the Picons from your VU+ box. The usual folder (depending on which VU+ image you are using) will be /usr/share/enigma2/picon/ on your VU+ box. If you have your picons on your VU+ box present it will retrieve it from there. You can set the folder location in the VU+ add-on settings.

CompoUK

Hi CompoUK, It seems for UK time to be fixed, but I have instead of 2 hours offset now 1 hour offset. So not completely fixed yet. Hopefully you can have a look at it again. Thanks in advance.

I just altered my timezone and it appears to adjust correctly.

Are you able to look at the logs and find any program eg

<e2event>

<e2eventid>62602</e2eventid>

<e2eventstart>1428235200</e2eventstart>

<e2eventduration>900</e2eventduration>

<e2eventcurrenttime>1428228067</e2eventcurrenttime>

<e2eventtitle>BBC News</e2eventtitle>

<e2eventdescription></e2eventdescription>

Then check the e2eventstart value (which should be the UTC time the program starts) by entering its value on website http://www.epochconverter.com/

For me, by entering 1428235200, I got the following result which is correct:

GMT: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:00:00 GMT

Your time zone4/5/2015, 1:00:00 PM GMT+1:00 DST

This matches with the start time of the program which, is 1pm my time.

Are you able to see what results you get and confirm which values you have are correct and which are wrong?

retsok

I just altered my timezone and it appears to adjust correctly.

Are you able to look at the logs and find any program eg

<e2event>

<e2eventid>62602</e2eventid>

<e2eventstart>1428235200</e2eventstart>

<e2eventduration>900</e2eventduration>

<e2eventcurrenttime>1428228067</e2eventcurrenttime>

<e2eventtitle>BBC News</e2eventtitle>

Then check the e2eventstart value (which should be the UTC time the program starts) by entering its value on website http://www.epochconverter.com/

For me, by entering 1428235200, I got the following result which is correct:

GMT: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:00:00 GMT

Your time zone4/5/2015, 1:00:00 PM GMT+1:00 DST

This matches with the start time of the program which, is 1pm my time.

Are you able to see what results you get and confirm which values you have are correct and which are wrong?

This is what I could find in the logs :

<e2event>

<e2eventid>6289</e2eventid>

<e2eventstart>1428235500</e2eventstart>

<e2eventduration>3300</e2eventduration>

<e2eventcurrenttime>1428235389</e2eventcurrenttime>

<e2eventtitle>Het Uur van de Wolf</e2eventtitle>

The translation of 1428235500 will be :

GMT: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:05:00 GMT

Your time zone: ‎5‎-‎4‎-‎2015‎ ‎14‎:‎05‎:‎00 GMT+2:00 DST

That is correct, but in Emby it will show like :

55212e41add47_embyss2.jpg

So the time for "Mo Actueel" should be 15:25 local time and the time for " Het uur van de Wolf" should be 14:05 local time.

So the problem lies not at GMT, but still on local time translation.

Server time is set on local time "Amsterdam". PC time, Android and VU+ box are set on local time.

The guide on VU+ box is giving the correct values. Also using the VU+ PVR add-on for Kodi is giving the correct times in the tv guide.

Hopefully this will help you further.

Edited by retsok

CompoUK

Thanks.

Can you please test again with the latest version and see how you get on?

This is what I could find in the logs :

<e2event>

<e2eventid>6289</e2eventid>

<e2eventstart>1428235500</e2eventstart>

<e2eventduration>3300</e2eventduration>

<e2eventcurrenttime>1428235389</e2eventcurrenttime>

<e2eventtitle>Het Uur van de Wolf</e2eventtitle>

The translation of 1428235500 will be :

GMT: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:05:00 GMT

Your time zone: ‎5‎-‎4‎-‎2015‎ ‎14‎:‎05‎:‎00 GMT+2:00 DST

That is correct, but in Emby it will show like :

55212e41add47_embyss2.jpg

So the time for "Mo Actueel" should be 15:25 local time and the time for " Het uur van de Wolf" should be 14:05 local time.

So the problem lies not at GMT, but still on local time translation.

Server time is set on local time "Amsterdam". PC time, Android and VU+ box are set on local time.

The guide on VU+ box is giving the correct values. Also using the VU+ PVR add-on for Kodi is giving the correct times in the tv guide.

Hopefully this will help you further.

Edited by CompoUK

retsok

Thanks.

Can you please test again with the latest version and see how you get on?

Excellent, TV guide is now showing the right times. Thanks for solving this problem. Keep up the good work!

retsok

Now that this has been fixed I found another issue and probably also related to time zone. When I want to record a TV show from the TV guide it first will show you the correct time that you scheduled the recording, but looking at "Scheduled" under Live TV menu in Emby it has changed to 1 hour offset again. For example, scheduled recording at 05:00 and under "Scheduled"  menu it shows 04:00. You probably need to do the same magic here as well.   

CompoUK

Now that this has been fixed I found another issue and probably also related to time zone. When I want to record a TV show from the TV guide it first will show you the correct time that you scheduled the recording, but looking at "Scheduled" under Live TV menu in Emby it has changed to 1 hour offset again. For example, scheduled recording at 05:00 and under "Scheduled"  menu it shows 04:00. You probably need to do the same magic here as well.   

Please can you try the latest version to see if it is fixed now?

retsok

Please can you try the latest version to see if it is fixed now?

Installed the latest 1.0.0.8 release and problem is still present. When I select a TV Show that I would like to record I am getting the following window :

552243037737b_embyss3.jpg

When I press the Record button it will show me the scheduled menu and that looks like this :

55224351be803_embyss4.jpg

Recording should start at 18:07 instead of 17:07.