TV Season Images...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

This is probably not a MB3 Samsung App specific issue, but I'm not 100% sure. It might just be a noob question! Anyhow, the MB3 Samsung App is THE app I use to stream the household Movie and TV collection, so I thought I would start here.

Inside any TV series, down the left side of the screen, the images for the seasons are all the same (see image). Is there any way I can change this?

I've added individual Season images named folder inside the season folders and completed a library refresh, but all that does is places an image into the bottom right corner of the screen. That does not actually change the images I'm concerned about.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

54f90ac674334_DSCN5105a.jpg

• Like 1

CBers

I'm sure I get different images on my TV shows.

I'll check when I get a chance.

FrostByte

For my Game of Thrones series the pic is different for all.  It appears to be using the thumb.jpg file in each season's folder.  I noticed yours isn't showing the folder.jpg in the bottom right corner either 

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

For my Game of Thrones series the pic is different for all.  It appears to be using the thumb.jpg file in each season's folder.  I noticed yours isn't showing the folder.jpg in the bottom right corner either 

Not for 'Arrow', no. But it does for 'Chuck'.

I manually had to add the different season "folder.jpg" files for Chuck, thats how I knew that at least that much was working. And yes, that was something I had noticed; none of my TV shows had individually downloaded season "folder.jpg" files. Obviously I have something not set correctly there!? And if I'm to have individual thumb.jpg files for each season, where should these come from? I didn't notice where they were on TheTVDB.com

The only thumb files I currently have for my TV shows are the "-thumb.jpg" files for the individual episodes and a bunch of "thumbX.jpg" files in the ExtraThumbs folder, nothing else, thats all!? Something is not working quite right here !? !? And yeah, its most definitely user error!

I used to use MCM (Media Center Master) back in the MB2 days but with a swap out of servers at home and trying to get things back up to as before, I haven't quite got there yet and the couple of times I have used MCM alongside of MB3, it doesn't seem to be working as well as previous. Should MB3 Server do all that MCM does? That is, with regards to downloading the metadata. I don't really need all the extra bells and whistles that MCM has, anymore these days.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

FrostByte

I get my images from tmdb and tvdb, but that can be configured in the server.  You might have to go into the metadata manager and do an advanced refresh on the series to replace old images.  I haven't used anything from MB2 in so long I couldn't tell you much about it, but I wouldn't doubt there is some kind of conflict going on if you still have metadata from MCM/MB2. 

Here is a link to Arrow on tmdb and tvdb and the images MBS should be pulling down 

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1412-arrow

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=257655&lid=7

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Thanks FrostByte - I'll go off and have a play and see what I can work out.