Elegance (The begining) [Feedback Requested]

robsch

robsch

Hey Gang,

I have been working on these for awhile, and I have been working on creating a MB3 Theme.   Here are some preliminary images that I would like to get some feedback from. I will be posting all the separate bits, if anyone would like to use them separately.  If anyone has experience making MBC themes and would like to help out, I am still trying to figure out MCML. I will be posting up other layouts and things.

Note : Looking for anyone who has some time and knowledge of MCML and is willing to help!

Logo-forum.jpg

*Click for full detailed images*

3_DMovies.png Anime.png Anime_OST.png Concerts.png Movies.png Music.png image.png

Teaser Image (The colors will be "customizable") :

MB1-small.png

Feedback greatly appreciated and welcomed. 

Rob

*Updated : Fixed links to bigger images for teaser/logo

Edited by robsch
  • Like 5

aspdend

I like the look of this - the fonts look off though - the temperature font looks totally different and the numbers on the time look a bit stretched to me...overall looks very nice - will look forward to seeing more as this progresses

robsch

I like the look of this - the fonts look off though - the temperature font looks totally different and the numbers on the time look a bit stretched to me...overall looks very nice - will look forward to seeing more as this progresses

Thanks for the input, I will adjust the fonts. Those are the same fonts used across the entire theme (EHS tiles, logo, Genre tiles)  For some reason they look odd for numbers. I am trying to find something similar enough that they will not look "out of place". I just realized after you mentioned this, I didn't change the weather font.  :unsure:

robsch

A few of the tiles I finished up last night before I crashed.   If anyone has any other tiles that should be made, please let me know. I am in the process of coming up with Genre tiles while I continue to learn how to do the "programing" side of the theme.  :rolleyes:

Adult.png Camera.png Childrens.png Family.png Home_Movies.png Playlists.png Recorded_TV.png trailers.png

• Like 3

robsch

Here was my first thought on genre icons.... I am not sure if I want them to leave them color, or have them in the "contrast" style.   What do you guys think?    I am also thinking I want to make them a bit taller.

Action_Adv.png

Action_Adv.png Comedy.png Fantasy.png

Edited by robsch

robsch

I was mucking around with styles after doing the genres, and I remade the EHS tiles (mostly the 3d effect) and would like some feedback. 

Template_3_D_new.jpg

Template_3_D_newpurple.jpg

Edited by robsch
  • Like 1

yardameus

My only thought on the EHS tiles would be making the text a little higher contrast or something to make it stand out a bit more.  I like how they look, but just looking at the thumbnails, I sometimes can't read the text.  I would also think having an alternate option to just have text instead of the images.  I like that you are going in a different direction with this theme.  From what I can see in the one screenshot, it's very nice.  Looking forward to more teasers.

robsch

My only thought on the EHS tiles would be making the text a little higher contrast or something to make it stand out a bit more.  I like how they look, but just looking at the thumbnails, I sometimes can't read the text.  I would also think having an alternate option to just have text instead of the images.  I like that you are going in a different direction with this theme.  From what I can see in the one screenshot, it's very nice.  Looking forward to more teasers.

Thanks for your feedback; I darkended (and changed it a bit.   I also did a solid one (with just a gradiant fade)   I will tinker with some ideas....  These better?

darker.png

solid.png

yardameus

Good job making the text easier to read.  I personally prefer the image with the gradient, but either is an improvement.

• Like 1

robsch

Okay, so I redid the tiles (well 3 of them)

I am going to do the solids (with the gradiant); but I am also redoing the "image" ones... This is the latest version of the image back.... its a gradiant, with the image faded into it. I think it makes it MUCH easier to see.  Whatcha think?

image.png adult.png anime.png

• Like 1

yardameus

Definitely the best option.  Not too overpowering, but still more interesting than the plain gradient.  Good job.

shaefurr

I like this so far, very nice. Are you using a shape for the folder/tag image or rendering them in 3d? I ask because the edges look really rough.

robsch

I like this so far, very nice. Are you using a shape for the folder/tag image or rendering them in 3d? I ask because the edges look really rough.

Rendering in 3d. I am still working out the whole Photoshop 3D thing. The face of the 3D block needs to be re-rendered after I assemble it. I made a template for the face, and am using it as a texture. For time's sake I am not re-rendering till I have enough feedback/input from the comunity to do it. :)

Here is one re-rendered

Template_3_D_image.jpg

After I posted it, I noticed there is some black from the base shape on the right side... *UGH*

Edited by robsch

shaefurr

Ah ok, ya I guess not r-erendering it would make it look like that :) Good work man

robsch

After feedback from some folks; and poking around... this (I think) is the final look for the tiles :

3d_blue.jpg

• Like 1

yardameus

Any chance this has reached a point that can be tested?  Or is this still in the somewhat concept stage?  I'm excited to see what you've developed.

robsch

Any chance this has reached a point that can be tested?  Or is this still in the somewhat concept stage?  I'm excited to see what you've developed.

Its somewhere between concept and alpha. :)    I have a bulk of the graphics done, and the concept layouts (ala Photoshop), so I am now working on the MCML side, which as I said, I am not overly familiar with, though I am using the Chocolate theme as a starting point for how to do things.

If anyone has MCML skills and would like to help out, or help design this, I would welcome to support/help :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Blueeyiz702

could you make some for the channels,photos and books also,there are very nice! thanks

had to test see how they look,screenshot below nice!

Edited by blueeyiz7021