GameBrowser - Server-Side Support for Un-Emulated Platforms or Custom Platforms

millgeek

millgeek

While I know that the focus for GameBrowser as a plugin is to connect an MB client to a local emulator, I would like a way to add Game Platforms and games from the server side that are not necessarily emulated or playable from a client. For example, I would like to be able to add our PlayStation 3 collection to MediaBrowser. Not only would this enable MB users to catalog and show their entire collection, but would enable users to tap into the metadata scraping capabilities. There might have to be some disclaimer or visual indicator that the game is not playable from a client, or maybe would not even show up on a client but only in the server web interface. The next step beyond that would be an option to set a custom Game Platform so that users can specify alternative emulators or niche emulators that GameBrowser does not support out of the box.

yes it's a good idea. we will probably need a new contributor to step up and help with the plugin in order to see that happen.

• 1 year later...
Pais

While I know that the focus for GameBrowser as a plugin is to connect an MB client to a local emulator, I would like a way to add Game Platforms and games from the server side that are not necessarily emulated or playable from a client. For example, I would like to be able to add our PlayStation 3 collection to MediaBrowser. Not only would this enable MB users to catalog and show their entire collection, but would enable users to tap into the metadata scraping capabilities. There might have to be some disclaimer or visual indicator that the game is not playable from a client, or maybe would not even show up on a client but only in the server web interface. The next step beyond that would be an option to set a custom Game Platform so that users can specify alternative emulators or niche emulators that GameBrowser does not support out of the box.

I want this too and am in the process of making some changes to the plug-in enabling .disc support for Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Would you be willing to do some testing?

LiquidFX

I think the biggest thing is to get the plugin updated, maybe some Steam support as well.

Cerothen

I think the biggest thing is to get the plugin updated, maybe some Steam support as well.

Steam support would be the bee's knees.

I would love if this could be taken far enough where we could connect from outside the local network to play some games in the browser. This library (http://www.gamepadjs.com) allows Xbox controllers to be used in the browser

we already support gamepads in the browser. the web based version of emby theater supports them.

LiquidFX

I have it setup to launch my Steam games but it requires a workaround to make it work