565b: PCM audio is being transcoded

FrostByte

FrostByte

Just playing around with the app some and noticed all mkv rips with PCM are being transcoded.  According to the Samsung F series guide it should be able to support LPCM and ADPCM (IMA, MS).

Edited by FrostByte

chessdragon136

Let me know what the codec / codecs are reported as in the server and I can add them to the transcode profiles

I'm sure you've gathered but I have no idea on audio codec stuff..

I always thought PCM was a type which things like aac and mp3 fall into as opposed to a codec in its own right

Edited by chessdragon136

FrostByte

Edit:  Ignore my first response as I just noticed the web clients report only showed the first 200 movies without clicking next

Depends on the bit rate it looks like, but MB server shows them all as the following.  Mine are all 16, 24, or 32 bit PCM files.  Not sure if there are any BDs with a different bit rate

PCM_S16LE         - for 16 bit PCM files

PCM_S24LE       - 24 bit

PCM_S32LE         - 32 bit

Edited by FrostByte

chessdragon136

Ok I've added in the profiles as per your report - for next release

• Like 1

FrostByte

Well...I can report your code is good and all PCM files are being directly played :)  The added pic indicating it's a PCM file is appreciated also.

However, it seems LPCM support is very hit or miss on the tv and/or hts.  I got less than 50% of my PCM files to play using the app on my F series tv and the others get a type 3 error.  When using the app from my Samsung HTS a lot more play correctly, but others get no sound, or a cracking noise. 

I'm no codec export in the least unfortunately.  Mediainfo just reports all files to be linear / raw PCM (LPCM) so I can't tell the difference between them.  There are different bitrates, bit depths, and channels, but there doesn't seem to be any commonality in which ones play or not to which I can tell.  All were ripped from BD using DVDFab and remuxed using mkvmerge. 

I'm going to have to do some googling and maybe find another tool which can analyze the PCM track more closely, but it doesn't appear ALL LPCM files can be played by either the tv or hts

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1