Samsung app and CoverArt (v0.565a)

CBers

CBers

Hi Chess.

I've just installed CoverArt for the first time, and I'm liking the way it looks in your app, but on the home screen the treatment is distorted by the episode overlay:

2015-03-03%2012.53.05.jpg

In the dashboard they look like this:

Capture1010.jpg

I know there's not much room on the screen, but just wondered if you could perhaps make the images smaller and put the text under the image ??

On the episode page, the media info icons need raising a little I think:

2015-03-03%2012.54.32.jpg

Not sure what other CoverArt users think.

Thanks.

Those icons are a part of the image and placed by CA.  They are placed in a specific spot regardless of treatment style but you can move them to one of the other corners in the configuration.

CBers

Thanks Eric.

I was aware they are in CA, but I thought these were separate from that.

OK, so that begs the question as to whether the coukd/should be moved up in CA to appear more in the "screen".

Thanks Eric.

I was aware they are in CA, but I thought these were separate from that.

OK, so that begs the question as to whether the coukd/should be moved up in CA to appear more in the "screen".

Like I said, they are in a specific spot without knowledge of what the underlying treatment is.  If we moved them up, they would then be too high in other scenarios (like a poster).

You can move them to one of the top corners though.

CBers

I'll have to play around with CA.

Thanks Eric.

Still an issue with the home screen though, I think ;)

chessdragon136

Urn, that would require a complete GUI redesign. Literally. Everything since my original versions 1 year ago worked like that. 

CBers

Urn, that would require a complete GUI redesign. Literally. Everything since my original versions 1 year ago worked like that. 

I'#ve only started using CoverArt today so never seen the issue before.

I can live with it I guess :)

I'#ve only started using CoverArt today so never seen the issue before.

I can live with it I guess :)

There're many episode thumbnail views available, try some other.

For me, I can live with it, and I've been using cover art for quite some time now with no problem in Sammy client.

DaN

• Like 2

SamES

There're many episode thumbnail views available, try some other.

For me, I can live with it, and I've been using cover art for quite some time now with no problem in Sammy client.

DaN

Same here.  I've been using it the whole time with no issues in the Samsung client.  I think it's a case of choosing the right treatment.

@@ebr, on a similar topic, recently the boxset treatment has changed.  I'm not sure if it is coverart or the server doing this not, but thumbs have now taken on the size and appearance of primary images for collections which definitely looks bad in this client.

Has anyone else noticed this.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread but figured it was along the same topic.

• Like 2

Same here.  I've been using it the whole time with no issues in the Samsung client.  I think it's a case of choosing the right treatment.

@@ebr, on a similar topic, recently the boxset treatment has changed.  I'm not sure if it is coverart or the server doing this not, but thumbs have now taken on the size and appearance of primary images for collections which definitely looks bad in this client.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread but figured it was along the same topic.

Open a new topic in the plug-in forum but I'm sure this is just a configuration issue.

yardameus

I recently noticed this, and it's actually because I believe coverart is creating a thumb.  Look at a collection with 3 movies within the collection.  It takes all three covers and creates a thumb out of those three, but if there are only 2 movies, it just creates a thumb out of one of the posters.