Podcast problems

porkbone

porkbone

I have been having problems lately with a bunch of my podcast feeds. It seems if the link ends with "xml", then there are no problems and podcasts work great. If I try to add back in a podcast that used to work, but ends with rss, I get a non-descript error notification - sometimes.

This is really frustrating since #1 - the error notification does not identify the bad link by name. I had about 35 video and audio podcasts in total, but started suddenly getting error notifications about podcasts and had to remove them one by one to find the bad podcasts. I lost 26 podcasts, but the links for them are still working in my browser.  Please. I'm begging - please identify by name in the error notification!

#2 - If an error notification is generated for any one podcast, all podcasts are now no longer accessable. MBC will show No Items and the dashboard pops up a white box error "Block length does not match with its complement".  Is it possible to fix so if one fails, I can still access the rest?

screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kshnaa40orde4iw/Screenshot%202015-03-03%2007.09.29.png?dl=0

for an example if you want to try this, here is a link to a comedy audio podcast that works, but no longer within MB3:  http://youmadeitweird.libsyn.com/rss

I can upload a log file, but I would have to add in the problematic rss links first - if you need one.

Thanks for your time! :)

• 3 weeks later...
porkbone

was starting to feel neglected... glad someone else has seen this. was starting to think I might have to wipe and reload the OS before going further.

No one is going to touch this until we upload a log file, but the problem is that the error can be random. I can load the podcast, run a channel download scan and it will complete. I can even play it, but usually sometime later, it will fail.  When I have more time I will upload some logs - too busy atm.

thanks, fuzzy11287

Edited by porkbone

• 1 year later...

The Podcasts plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.