Kismet Trial Period Has Ended?

smounche

it says:

The trial period for this feature has expired

Then your keys are not properly entered.

On the supporter key page in the dashboard, does it tell you your MB3 key is invalid?

Kalgonium

Hello, I'm having the same poblem with the Ascendancy theme that I bought. Are you saying buying the theme is not enough ? Because I've been looking on the store page and haven't seen any indication about having to buy more keys to use the theme.

Of course if I had known that, if it was correctly displayed on the store I would have reconsidered.

What is to be done about this situation ?

Edited by Kalgonium

If you upgrade to MB3 you need to purchase an additional supporter key. Theme purchase and MB2 supporter key are not sufficient, you also have to join the MB3 pool, that is only fair since MB3 is a new product and the separation from theme developers and MB developers is desirable.

Since Throgmorton the designer of the Ascendancy theme is conspiciously absent from the MB3 development, your choice is to use it under MB2 as is or purchase an additional MB3 supporter key and use his themes with the inheritant shortcomings under MB3 since he has not updated some functions to work under MB3, like actors selection.

smounche

I bought  The MB3 supporter key + i paid another 10 $ for the kismet theme..

On the supporter key page in the dashboard, does it tell you your MB3 key is invalid

Yes! it says : "Thank You for your past support of the Media Browser Team. Users like you make it possible for Media Browser to exist and keep getting better and better. You can always support us again if you feel you are getting maximum value from the product."

Hello, I'm having the same poblem with the Ascendancy theme that I bought. Are you saying buying the theme is not enough ? Because I've been looking on the store page and haven't seen any indication about having to buy more keys to use the theme.

Of course if I had known that, if it was correctly displayed on the store I would have reconsidered.

What is to be done about this situation ?

On the plug-in catalog page there is a description of each type of plug-in and each one is clearly marked with a banner to indicate what type of plug-in it is.  Here is the description of Premium that is displayed:

52853aa34c0cf_premdesc.png

Then, on the supporter key page, if you don't have a valid supporter key entered, here is what that says:

52853af7e6221_supkey.png

We aren't trying to pull anything over on anyone.  We're trying to make things as clear as possible without cluttering up things so much that you can't see what you really want to on the page.  Understand that most plug-ins are developed by people other than the core MB team and all revenue for them goes directly to them.  This requirement for MB3 support is the only way we can ensure some sort of continued support for the actual platform - which is totally free.

I bought  The MB3 supporter key + i paid another 10 $ for the kismet theme..

Yes! it says : "Thank You for your past support of the Media Browser Team. Users like you make it possible for Media Browser to exist and keep getting better and better. You can always support us again if you feel you are getting maximum value from the product."

That is all that should be required.  If you are still having an issue it must be a mis-configuration or a problem with this particular theme.

Someone left a review that said the Kismet theme was "totally incompatible with MB3".  Is that true?  if it is, I will remove it from the catalog.

Well i know it was working with no problems - the theme.. now it's not.. :(

What should i do ? will i get a refund ?

Are you sure you have the proper MB2 key entered?  it should end with "9fbed"

i bought at the time MB2 key ,

i also bought MB3 key 

+ 10$ for the theme

That doesn't answer my question.  Does the MB2 key that you entered in the MB3 dashboard end with "9fbed"?

If so, can you please post a screen shot of your supporter key page in the dashboard?

So joke is on me it seems..

LOL.  Enter that MB2 key and see what happens.

Since you say that Kismet was working okay, I will assume the review is erroneous.

smounche

Thank you! do u need mt email ? it's the same one i used to register with it..

what about the the mb3 key? i don't want to remove it from the dashboard i think i bought coverart

with it

Look at the supporter key page in the dashboard.  There is a field for the MB3 key and another one for the MB2/Legacy key.