MB Connect cannot find Mac server on outside network

geno27

geno27

I recently switched over to the Mac server within the past few months and haven't had a chance to test out MB connect from an outside connection until now. Family members have used MB connect within my home wifi and it has been working well. But I now have family members trying to connect from their own home and they all receive an error message on the server selection page: "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now, please ensure it is running and try again." After receiving this message on all computers and iOS devices on outside networks,  I decided to start up my old PC server to see if the same problem existed. There was no trouble connecting to the PC server so I can only assume this is a problem with the Mac server.

Here is a log from after someone tried to sign in from outside and I also tried my Iphone on data to try and sign in. LOG

My current server is Version 3.0.5518.7

Florux

Just a thought - is the Mac server running on the same IP address as the old Windows server?

If not, how are you doing the NAT and IP mapping in your router? Does it point the port mapping to the Windows IP address stil? 

-Florux

you may have to open port 8096 in your router or firewall, and/or setup forwarding.

• Like 1

geno27

Finally got a chance to get home and try opening the port on my router today. Seems like its allowing others to connect now. I wonder why plex is able to get its port 11041 connected with no problem but I had to manually open 8096? Anyways, thanks for the help Luke!