GuiPlayer_Transcoding.checkCodec Bug

jfender

Hi ChessDragon136,

When GuiPlayer_Transcoding.checkCodec checks an unknown codec this.isCodec = codecParams[0]; is set to null, not false.  All this means is the log is a little confusing.  Perhaps update GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.getParameters to default this.codec to false before the switch statement?

On a slightly related note the reason I was looking at the logs in the first place is that some h265 files are not playing.   For these files this.MediaSource.MediaStreams[this.videoIndex].Codec is returning hevc not h265.  I don't know enough about codecs to know if these are synonyms or actually differences.  In any case can the Samsung app handle HEVC files directly?

chessdragon136

I must admit i don't have my code infront of me, but i think it is set to null as opposed to false for a reason. It may be that that reason is now obsolete. 

As for HEVC - It is supported on the newer (H and possibly F) series.. I don't have HEVC files to test and as such my transcode parameters may need altering to make it work correctly. And like you, I am not a codec guru. I do however have the samsung specs from multiple versions of tv here

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=34188BEEC92DC33C!70258&authkey=!ADMYzytc6dLwgwQ&ithint=folder%2cdocx

jfender

Fair enough. 

Now on the topic of HEVC I have managed to get them to direct play successfully on my H8500 TV by adding an HEVC case statement to the parameter table.  I have sent a pull request your way in case you are interest in the details.