Render Error Type 0 using v565

FrostByte

FrostByte

Got the following popup when playing a file with PCM using the new version of app.

Undefined

Render Error Type: 0

Log has the following errors with audio portion of file

93 Video: Audio File Analysis Results

94 Video: Codec Compatibility: false PCM_S24le

95 Video: Container Compatibility: false: mkv

96 Video: Channel Compatibility: false: 1

97 Video: Transcode Status: Transcoding Audio

98 Video: Playback added

99 Video: One Playback option - player loaded

Media info for file attempted to play

54f226a5e75bd_Untitled.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

+1 on log files.  Tried taking a pic, but it had a glare in it so didn't post.

Hmmm...I can't seem to get anything to play using DLNA right now :(

I just ripped this movie yesterday, so not sure if it played in previous versions or not.

I'm going to split the file and upload to OneDrive

FrostByte

Got the file to play directly to the Samsung using play to from windows explorer.  Still can't get it to play in MB though.  I'm going to re-rip the movie tonight using AC3 this time thinking maybe it's the PCM mono track it doesn't like.

CBers

Got the file to play directly to the Samsung using play to from windows explorer.  Still can't get it to play in MB though.  I'm going to re-rip the movie tonight using AC3 this time thinking maybe it's the PCM mono track it doesn't like.

@@FrostByte - Downloading it now - will report back.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I converted the PCM track to AC3 and now the file plays correctly and streams without transcoding.  I mentioned in another thread that for some reason the app is transcoding all PCM files though I believe it shouldn't transcode PCM at all because the tv can support PCM.  This movie however is the only one in which is came up with a type 0 error after transcoding and didn't play.  The only difference I can see between this PCM file and my others is that this one was mono and the others were all at least 2 channels or more.  Anyhow, it works now with AC3

FrostByte

I can now say that 12 Angry Men with LPCM audio plays correctly now and with direct streaming to boot.  No changes to the file itself was made. 

However, I'm now getting a different error Render Type 3 (not sure what that is) on some of my other LPCM files with direct streaming and still trying to figure out what the difference is between them and 12 Angry Men.  Will report back when I figure something out

FrostByte

Thanks chess, that pretty much nailed it down then.  I just got done chatting with someone in support and he explained that LPCM support is limited to 2 channels (mono or stereo) on all tvs made including when using ARC to a receiver.  I confirmed this in that only my older movies with PCM (all having 2 channels or less) all play directly now with your code change and any of my newer movies with 6 channels or more get that render 3 error.  PCM will only output more channels if from BD players that support it (I can get 5.1 when using the app from my HTS in most cases).

This page sort of explains it

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0sXYWyvQwko/mobile/Product/Item/Research.aspx?i=30564P8500

@chessdragon136  Could I bother you to change your code again to just direct stream pcm if it is 2 channels or less then?  Otherwise transcode it as before when 6 channels or more

Thanks

FrostByte

Thanks, confirmed it now direct plays PCM with 2 channels or less, and transcodes PCM audio at 6 channels or more

CBers

Thanks, confirmed it now direct plays PCM with 2 channels or less, and transcodes PCM audio at 6 channels or more

Could you convert PCM to AC3/DD to get the benefit of those extra channels ??

What container are they in ?? VOB, MKV ??

Just thinking out loud :)

FrostByte

I pretty much rip everything in MKVs.  My stereo/mono PCM rips are all older movies (b&w or colorized movies from 30s and 40s, etc) which were released on Blu-ray as either mono or stereo PCM only. 

I could try and convert the 2 channel pcm to something else with more channels I suppose, but wasn't sure how that would work converted to 5.1.  I would have to find another tool also because eac3to won't convert within a mkv container

CBers

I was mainly talking about the 5.1 audio files you have already.

If only 2 channels, then you could convert to MP3, with the bit-rate as high as possible,  couldn't you ??

Or, you could try and find them elsewhere seeing as you already own them.

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

Ahh, I guess if I converted the 5.1 PCM files then the server wouldn't have to do it every time I played them.  I try to take as much work off my computer as possible since it's an old dual core processor

I usually find Game of Thrones elsewhere since I don't have HBO :)

• Like 1