direct network play sometimes works...

ShadeBlack

ShadeBlack

Having trouble getting direct play to work with some things.

I don't understand why it works sometimes and not others.

I have unc paths set in media folders.

-though no path substitutions ( I assume not needed if already set as a unc path)

I access media browser locally via Chrome using the LAN address.

I have access to the folders from client machines as set in the media folders page in media browser's settings pages.

As for codecs, I basically just have cccp installed and as far as I'm aware nothing else.

Sometimes I have access to play a file directly (but I have to select it every time).

Other times it simply does not show the setting for direct play.

Is there anything else I should have done / be doing?  Any help is appreciated.

Edited by ShadeBlack

Beardyname

web-browsers are really picky when it comes to what content they are able to direct play, so if it direct plays or not will depend on what content you are trying to play.

(and i actually believe unc paths won't make a difference either way when it comes to playback in a browser)

ShadeBlack

Thanks for the reply.

When you say 'picky' - is there a clearly defined set of rules somewhere i can look at to determine the reason why it does with some and not with others.

I would like to optimise this process as much as possible.

Beardyname

Thanks for the reply.

When you say 'picky' - is there a clearly defined set of rules somewhere i can look at to determine the reason why it does with some and not with others.

I would like to optimise this process as much as possible.

This depends between browsers so i can't be 100% I would guess you could search around and see what formats matches with chrome for instance.

Other than that, some detective work with your files should be to sort this one :)