Constant BSOD's, help please

shaefurr

shaefurr

So, I rebuilt my system yesterday, new motherboard, CPU and ram, the GPU is only a month old. I was getting a bunch of crashed before maybe once per day or two so thought the motherboard was the problem. The rebuilt system ran perfectly fine for 24 hours now I get a BSOD every 10-20 minutes. While I find myself to be a descent troubleshooter, I have no idea whats causing these, anyone good with dump files that can give them a look over and give me a hand here?

I'm getting a new PSU tomorrow, and I already checked my specs, nothing is overclocked, temps are all below 50C on CPU/motherboard/GPU, ran memtest and it passed twice, ran chkdsk on OS drive and found no errors. All my drivers are signed and verified, used the MSI live update to get all my system drivers up to date. I dunno im lost here lol.

Here's my dump files, sorry for quick post had to get this up before it crashes again.

https://www.mediafire.com/?do6lr9yosbb3eo8

System specs

Windows 8.1

i5 4690k

MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION

MSI GTX 960 100ME

2x4GB Kingston Hyperx Fury 1866

Corsair H75

Corsair HX750

500GB western digital black (OS)

6x Western digital greens

54ee7a7cadf2e_screen1.jpg

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

I just plugged it back in and updated drivers.. :P DVD drive is broken so I was lazy, I can rip one out of my kids HTPC to reinstall though if needed

I usually build new PCs not upgrade them, so I wasn't sure if I needed to reinstall

Edited by shaefurr

gthrift

4 out of 5 of your dmp files have nvlddmkm.sys which is from the Nvidia driver.  

Pull the graphics card, uninstall the nvidia driver and use the onboard video to see if you can continue using the pc without BSODing.

• Like 2

gthrift

I just plugged it back in and updated drivers.. :P DVD drive is broken so I was lazy, I can rip one out of my kids HTPC to reinstall though if needed

I usually build new PCs not upgrade them, so I wasn't sure if I needed to reinstall

That's going to be your issue. You have all kinds of drivers conflicting.  Like my previous post said, it seems it might be the video card driver that's causing the BSOD.  

My rule of thumb is if its a new, different model motherboard, then it's a new PC and it requires a fresh install.  I'm really supprised windows activation was triggered since there are so many new parts.  

• Like 1

shaefurr

backing up my stuff and doing a format/reinstall, will let ya know how it goes after

shaefurr

uninstalled the nvidia drivers while Im backing up, hasn't crashed in 45 minutes, seems you were correct sir, thanks. Hoping all will be well after the reinstall

shaefurr

Actually gave me enough time to download the USB install of windows so i dont even need to swap the dvd drive, sweet

shaefurr

@@gthrift

Just wanted to say thanks, feel like a complete moron for not reinstalling lol, but its all good now, been up almost 2 hours.

• Like 4

shaefurr

Well it ran great all night, now 2 BSODs this morning, same as yesterday

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 from nvlddmkm.sys, trying the older drivers, theres only 2 drivers for this card though since its so new.

shaefurr

Ok so get this, probably a coincidence but this is what ive seen so far.

Boot up, open MBS, crash 5 minutes into scan (nvidia driver)

Boot up, open MBS, crash 5 minutes into scan (nvidia driver)

Boot up, play Planetside 2 for 40 minutes, open MBS, crash 5 minutes into scan (nvidia driver)

Boot up, web browse, youtube etc for 30 minutes, play Tomb Raider 45 minutes, open MBS, crash 5 minutes into scan (nvidia driver)

Leaving the server shutdown for now to see how long it goes, so far been an hour.

Logs

http://pastebin.com/L2svNBJU

http://pastebin.com/1Kza4amq

http://pastebin.com/ga5G0je9

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

dunno!, been up 2 hours though, but I can almost guarantee if I open the server it will bsod :(

Maleficarum

what nic do you have? i've seen a bunch of people reporting that same bsod as a result of a conflict with realtek nic drivers

shaefurr

what nic do you have? i've seen a bunch of people reporting that same bsod as a result of a conflict with realtek nic drivers

Realtek 8111G

Any fix short of getting an add on LAN card?

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

Well, updated to the newest from realtek, that didn't work, ill try rolling back

Was up 3 hours, opened MBS, AND......

54ef7eefb976b_WP_20150226_13_07_03_Pro1.

54ef7ef82db55_WP_20150226_13_08_02_Pro.j

:(

shaefurr

Rolled back the driver and that didn't help either, trying windows update for the heck of it

Is it always the same point in the scan that it BSODs? From your posted image it looks like it is making it at least halfway through the scan.

shaefurr

Yep, usually right around 67%, though its done it as early as 50%

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

So I uninstalled and deleted the driver software for the NIC, ran windows update, changed the server to dev, and through some miracle it finished the scan. Will post back if it crashes again.

• Like 1