Issues loading web interface

LqHnyBear
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

LqHnyBear

Whenever I use my iPad or iPhone on my local network to load my media browser I have to hit refresh several times before the page fully loads. Otherwise it just sits there trying to load and never stops and sometimes once it finally loads it has the wrong artwork for my files. I'm lost as to what could be causing this. It hasn't always done this.

It appears to only be doing this over wifi. When I loaded the local website from another computer it worked fine.

MediaBrowser server Version 3.0.5518.7

Edited by LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

Correction I've tried it using the app.mediabrowser.tv login as well and it screws up on both. Never stops loading unless I refresh several times and shows improper artwork for multiple items.

I'm only able to test this on an iPad mini 2, ios 8.1.3 / iphone 6 plus ios 8.1.2 and 8.1.3 both safari and chrome were used.

Again this just started happening in the last week. No changes have been made to anything I'm using.

it sounds like maybe the traffic can't get through to your machine and you may need to open ports in your firewall

LqHnyBear

it sounds like maybe the traffic can't get through to your machine and you may need to open ports in your firewall

That's not it. Because the page partially loads and if I close it and refresh it enough it eventually completely loads. Not to mention that it works perfectly fine from other computer hardwired on the network.

It only happens over wireless;

1. Slow page loads and hangs

2. Wrong images showing for various items in my library until I get the page to refresh and load fully.

• 1 month later...
LqHnyBear

Doesn't matter what I try it won't load properly on iOS devices. Whether I try on an iPad or an iphone with Safari or chrome. Chrome is even worse. Click on links and it takes you to a completely different page than it should.

Here's an example. In Safari I'm on my home page and click on one of my Media Folders, Tv Shows (Pic 1) and it goes to the proper page with all my shows (Pic 2). If it loads....

552729eab78ac_IMG_0008.jpg 552729fe06229_IMG_0009.jpg

In Chrome I'm on my home page and click on one of my Media Folders, Tv Shows (Pic 1) and it goes to the wrong page showing Media Folders (Pic 2). I tap Tv Shows again and it goes to Next Up (Pic 3) Which is not where it should be going at all.

55272ab9e61c3_IMG_0010.jpg 55272ad71eeee_IMG_0011.jpg 55272af21d53e_IMG_0012.jpg

I'm completely lost on what the issue could be. I've since completely deleted and re-installed Emby and am still having the same issues. Again, if I load the website from any of my Windows PC's, whether it's the hosting machine or another one on the network, it works perfectly. Every page fully, instantly loads and none of the images are wrong plus it doesn't send me to incorrect pages. My issues are only occurring when trying to use the website from my iPad or iPhone over my wifi at home.

Any more info I can post please let me know.

• 1 month later...
neg99

i have been trying to reproduce this but so far have not been able to.

Hi Luke,

I saw you referenced this thread from another so it seems you're aware of what's happening. Is there a way to resolve this? This issue really sucks but there's got to be some way around it, Emby is the only site I've ever used that has it.

• Solution

it is due to hitting apple memory limits that they impose on apps. that's why i've been gradually lowering image quality for safari.

• Like 1

LqHnyBear

it is due to hitting apple memory limits that they impose on apps. that's why i've been gradually lowering image quality for safari.

Wonderful. Thank you. I wish apple wasn't so damn controlling.

we have a new iOS app coming that will hopefully convert you from safari to the app. unfortunately whether it's a native app or web app, ios is just not well suited to displays that are heavy on images. Not because the hardware can't handle it but simply due to limitations placed on developers. once the memory limit is reached, all kinds of weird things start happening. so i have been doing some things with safari to make it occur less frequently, such as reducing image quality, spacing the images out more, reducing the number of images on screen at once, etc.

• Like 1

LqHnyBear

Maybe it needs multiple pages for certain things. Like if I where to click on Tv Shows it only show 10-20 a page or whatever iOS can handle. I'm just looking forward to the new iOS app and eventually the Windows 10 app for the xbox one etc.

yes i've also been reducing the number of items on things like home pages

• Like 1