v0.560b - Playback fixed, other minor issues

gbone8106

gbone8106

I'm on v0.560b, and happy to report that all of the playback issues I had previous are now resolved and everything plays(even direct play) as they should. Subtitles work great. I also noticed my M2TS encoded full 3D files are passing through to direct play and enabling 3D on the TV without a naming convention for the file. :). I have seen some other minor issues; on TV show seasons if I chose shuffle all on the show or the season it will just go to loading and won't play, If I chose an individual episode or play all, they will play just not shuffle. I also have an mkv of all the Star wars movies with an DTS-MA track, and those are the only ones that won't play, although these have never played. I have a sample that I can upload. Also the screensaver doesn't work for me, screen just goes black, not sure if screensaver has working yet.

bertbert72

By default the screensaver picks up photos. If you don't have any, it'll show black. If you want to display movie/TV backdrops change it in settings.

CBers

There have been a couple of reports of a black screen during the screensaver, but it does work fine.

We've put the black screen down to the server being busy or network congestion.

If you can upload a sample of that movie, we can try it on our TVs.

Which model do you have?

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

on TV show seasons if I chose shuffle all on the show or the season it will just go to loading and won't play

Mine just did this twice.  Never used this option before so I can't say if it ever worked.  I'll have to try some more later because it did the same with "play all" for me, which worked for you, so it could be my system which is being a pig right now while ripping a bd. 

I've seen the same with the screen saver going black in the past.  Like with CBers I believe my system was busy and couldn't return a picture in time when my screen saver went black.  It usually works though

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

ok I don't see the screensaver settings under tools anymore. also here is the link for the file. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B30423E0B631BD3%215718

Tools button

Settings

Then under the first column user/client settings there should be 14 options you can set, but it only shows 10 at a time.  You have to scroll down to see the last 4 which are the screensaver settings

CBers

You have to scroll down to see the last 4 which are the screensaver settings

I didn’t see them at first either.

I didn't see the headings at the top of the screen either.

FrostByte

Same here :)  I even counted the number of items one time and was going to tell chess his numbers were off before I figured it out

• Like 1

FrostByte

@gbone8106 I've tried several tv series and just can't get "play all" or "shuffle all" to work either.  Just says loading.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

Edited by FrostByte

cragjagged

Play all and shuffle appears to have broken between 0.550b and the current version, hopefully we can work a fix out for it.

Having some of the settings off-screen with no indicator that you scroll down isn't ideal at the moment, hopefully most people know they are there now but adding in an indicator is definitely something that needs looking at from a usability point of view.

As for the screensaver going blank as much as I'd like to put it down as a things are busy so it didn't load reason, I'm not convinced. I'll have a look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

• Like 2

cragjagged

@@gbone8106 I've just tested the file in the TV emulator (I don't have access to my TV right now) and it plays fine there albeit with transcoded audio, I'll test on my TV tomorrow hopefully

FrostByte

@gbone8106 I get the same Type 7 error on your file thru the Samsung app that others have reported getting with some of their files recently. 

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

is anyone able to play the sample file I posted?

Downloading it now, but looks like @@FrostByte has confirmed a render 7 error, which no-one seems to know what it means.

I assume render error 7 may be a catch-all error for unplayable media.

CBers

@gbone8106 I get the same Type 7 error on your file thru the Samsung app that others have reported getting with some of their files recently.

Yep, same here.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Shuffle & Play all fixed for next release - My bad, I tried to call a variable that doesn't exist in all scenarios relating to the new chapter playback functionality

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1