Metadata support from IMVDB for Music Video collections?

Drazgo

So music video collections have been somewhat hit or miss when it comes to updating metadata (if it exists). 

I just found http://imvdb.com/ which is the IMDB for Music Videos.  Not sure if it could be used at some point to support meta data for music video collections?  http://imvdb.com/about

Many times my videos are pulling data down for movies based on titles of videos... even if it naming convention is David Bowie - Something, it seems to go off the something and pull metadata from themovidedb.org 

Anyway, the site looks like its set up in similar fashion to thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org.  They have a beta API as well based on the about page.

Cheers,

Draz

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Drazgo

So, its been awhile... thought maybe this could use a bump :)

https://imvdb.com/developers/api

Any chance we can at least point our Metadata Manager settings for Music Videos to their site?  Make it an opt in function so it doesn't interfere with tmdb or tvdb metadata pulls?

Any chance we can at least point our Metadata Manager settings for Music Videos to their site?  Make it an opt in function so it doesn't interfere with tmdb or tvdb metadata pulls?

hi @@Drazgo, what exactly do you mean by this? Thanks !

Drazgo

hey Luke!

So when you pull up the Metadata Manager admin page, it lists the media folders.

When clicking on top hierarchy folder "Music Videos" you're given a bunch of options to choose from.  Path, Title, Sort Title, etc  Down towards the bottom you can enable fields select preferred language, etc.  Would it be possible to add something here that will direct metadata searches to a particular site or a check box to enable an api call to specialized category like music videos?  Like IMVDB for Music Videos and MusicBrainz for Music.

I guess my biggest problem with Music Videos is that if its not an official release from some DVD its impossible to get metadata for them correctly.  Often times the title will be that of a movie and it will dump movie content into the folder.  I've disabled automatic metadata from that folder for now and occasionally go update them manually... but the amount of videos is a bit of a tedious and daunting task (as probably adding this feature is to you guys hah!)

Thanks!

Hi.  We already have a framework in place that allows new metadata providers to be created - but we need a solid source and then need to create that provider.

As far as this provider goes, this doesn't look very promising...

Note: The API is in beta right now and is not recommended for use in production applications yet. Please follow @imvdbdev and check out the changelog for information on when the API reaches v1.0.

If you go to the change log, there is one entry - from Sep of 2013...

Drazgo

Yeah I was afraid of that... unfortunately that was one of the more promising ones.  It looks like the site is still somewhat active as they are updating with new video releases into 2017.  Not sure why they haven't bothered to continue with API development.

C'est la vie!

On that note, I have another question/idea I will open in another thread.

Thanks Luke and EBR!  You guys are awesome as always!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

need meta data for "music dvds, concerts" sorted under "films".

any idea?

Have you checked moviedb to see if they have metadata for these? That's your best bet.

du31d

Have you checked moviedb to see if they have metadata for these? That's your best bet.

Cannot select musicviddb for categorie FILMS. :(

Cannot select musicviddb for categorie FILMS. :(

Never heard of that one before, but please try the ones we do have. thanks.