Recently Watched

diaz1510

diaz1510

I use the web client.

I love MB and its getting better all the time, but it kills me that, unless I'm doing something wrong, there isn't a place to see Recently Watched content.  I travel alot but remotely download media to my home server.  Well, while I travel my wife watches much of the content.  When I return I have to figure out what I downloaded and go look for it manually becuase after she watches it, it gets removed from the "Latest" and "Suggested" tabs, which is how I know what I have most recently downloaded.

Anyway, is there a way to do this?  I'm sure having a Recently Watched tab would be beneficial in many ways to people in different situations.

Thanks again and keep up with the great product!

• Like 1

You can go into the Reports area and sort by Date Added, not exactly what you were looking for but it is a means to an end.

Vidman

If you and your wife frequently view media separately you could set up separate accounts then what she watches won't affect your recently added and suggested items

Or even just separate admin and general use accounts will allow you to keep track

Edited by Vidman

@@Vidman beat me to it :) but yes if you create a new user for your wife to use, as long as she can see the same libraries as you and uses her own login, whatever she watches whilst you are away will not affect the recently added listings for you... If you use MB Classic and watch things together you can set it so the show is marked as watched for both users.

• Like 1

A recently watched view may be useful for some scenarios but your situation is exactly why we are designed around user profiles in the first place - so that each individual has their own "view" of not only the library if they wish but the activity as well.

If you use MB Classic and watch things together you can set it so the show is marked as watched for both users.

That's a really neat feature!! How do you do that? Is this something specific to MB Classic, or can it be done with Kodi and other clients as well?

-Florux

Yes. Its specific to MB Classic (I think). Once you have logged on, if you click on your login icon/picture, it will allow you to add other users to the session or change users as necessary. :)

Edited by jordy
  • Like 1

diaz1510

Hmmm all very good responses....Im pretty stuck on the Web Client as it's my favorite interface, so I won't be changing that, but I will look into the user profile aspect...

...wife isn't too tech savy so really tryin to make it as easy as possible but I can see that being a viable option (although if I was given a wish-list item for MB I would still lean toward a "Recently Watched" tab LOL).  Thanks for a great product!

Vidman

Hmmm all very good responses....Im pretty stuck on the Web Client as it's my favorite interface, so I won't be changing that, but I will look into the user profile aspect...

...wife isn't too tech savy so really tryin to make it as easy as possible but I can see that being a viable option (although if I was given a wish-list item for MB I would still lean toward a "Recently Watched" tab LOL). Thanks for a great product!

All the more reason to have separate admin and viewing accounts as then your wife would not have access to any of the "technical " areas of the web client... You will find having separate accounts will actually simplify things rather than make it more complicated Edited by Vidman

Vidman

Sorry I was just trying to make a point;) that the whole dashboard can be hidden from view if two accounts are used

Edited by Vidman

...wife isn't too tech savy so really tryin to make it as easy as possible but I can see that being a viable option (although if I was given a wish-list item for MB I would still lean toward a "Recently Watched" tab LOL).  Thanks for a great product!

If the two of you use different computers then hers will just always remember her account after she logs in once (which can be as simple as clicking on her picture).