Server- Home Automation (HA) Plugin

Xzener

Xzener

I thought Harmony Hub did send commands to Vera? I just don't like the cost of the Hub setup.

chef

I finally have the plugin manipulating List(Of Strings) which makes it easier to add and remove client names to the saved client list, and the event arguments are set up to send the home automation requests to vera.

it seems a little buggy in my javascript code. the lists are sometime duplicating client names in the xml when I refresh the plugin config page... dunno why yet.

All the resources (images used) either come from emby, or they are streamed from the devices UI files, so we are truly integrating with the device. 

vera-emby <-- sounds fancy.... I think I had that for dinner the other day...

Untitled5.png

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

I PM'd you the solution.

I'm headin' to bed, I've been looking at code for six hours straight without a break... :)

Xzener

Thinking about ripping out my Lutron Grafik Eye and installing 3 ZWave dimmers in its place in my theater room. :lol:

• Like 1

AxeMan

I thought Harmony Hub did send commands to Vera? I just don't like the cost of the Hub setup.

hmm - i haven't tried having harmony send to vera - but i know vera can send no problem to harmony. I have a scene that fires off right around the kids bed time to send mute, and pause commands to the tv, and turn on the lights to the steps. which is their signal to start cleaning up. I got the Harmony w. the simple remote for $100 - and threw in a $30 Samsung Tab 3 lite for touchy feely stuff.

they are coming out with a z-wave xtender to Harmony, supposedly at an msrp of $99. I like vera, but would probalby look into that if it ever goes on sale. 

i see a lot of good work being done here, but if it doesn't pan out - you might want to look at the vera plug-ins for your HT equipment. The pioneer receiver plug-in can trigger things based on input selected. I haven't tried it, but do see it there. It's great that there are so many different ways to skin this cat. Doesn't hurt to have more than 1 way to fire a scene. 

btw - i owe you a personal solid Thanks - i've been using your icons since the MB2 days - i can't tell you how much i appreciate them.

chef

Axe Man, can you write luua code? It's the code that vera understands?

i have been asking anyone who I meet who use vera in their homes.

I have an idea for a vera plugin, but I haven't taken the time to learn luua yet.

AxeMan

Axe Man, can you write luua code? It's the code that vera understands?

i have been asking anyone who I meet who use vera in their homes.

I have an idea for a vera plugin, but I haven't taken the time to learn luua yet.

woot! you popped my Like cherry. lol

unfortunately, I have not ventured down the lua path yet. so far, i've been able to handle most things with either PLEG or just plain triggers. I have a few scenes i'm toying with that are fired via Tasker + AuthomationHD. it's a cop-out, but basically a way to read and react to calendar invites without exposing Vera to internet.

I'm actually waiting to see how this whole HA thing plays out... I fear that some of the competition will come around and eat Vera's lunch. MCV needs to get their head in the game.

what are you trying to accomplish with luua?

chef

Well you mentioned not exposing Vera to the Internet.

I wanted to know if it is possible to set up a UDP call and answer system like Mediabrowser, where Vera is listening for a UDP Broadcast from other computers on the subnet, to request its IP address locally.

Mediabrowser uses the phrase: who is the media browser server.

Pinging an Internet site for a subnet address just seems a bit over-kill.

I haven't looked into lua much either.

AxeMan

Well you mentioned not exposing Vera to the Internet.

I wanted to know if it is possible to set up a UDP call and answer system like Mediabrowser, where Vera is listening for a UDP Broadcast from other computers on the subnet, to request its IP address locally.

Mediabrowser uses the phrase: who is the media browser server.

Pinging an Internet site for a subnet address just seems a bit over-kill.

I haven't looked into lua much either.

ahh sorry - not sure. Since it's based on openwrt - i'd think something like that is possible, outside of the vera gui. but again, not something I know enough about.

all of my stuff are accessed via OpenVPN. i have 1 running as a vm and another instance running on my router. I'm anti-port forwarding/upnp blah blah blah.

• Like 1

chef

@@Xzener

your MB inbox must be full. I couldn't send you a private message. So I'll post it here instead.

with javascript guidance from techy I am almost finshed the vera plugin.

there are some finishing touches, but its alive!

My wife can't figure out why it is so hard to turn on a light...lol!

Techy says: How many programmers does it take? lol!

I'll send you a copy of the plugin to test when it is done. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. There are list issues which I have to figure out, but it's just about writting the code to sort through them better. Not hard stuff at all. :)

lightbulb-change-committee-group-cartoon

I think this next cartoon as actually c++, but the loop kinda looks like javascriptfox.jpg

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
barrettuk

Hello - did this HA thing die last year? Just looking for an update to see if there is anyway to do some form of integration with Insteon. I just upgraded from X10 as that is basically dead now and my system started failing after a good 8 years of service, and so have ordered an ISY controller and gone with Insteon switches. I have decided to finish the "software" side of my HT build and its sad but I am not sure Emby is going to support HT use now. I have used this software since MB2 and feel a lot of the dedicated HT stuff has gone now? Today I can't even get intros working and found its been replace by some basic built in cinema mode that I can't get working with my intros at all. And with this thread ending a year ago I am guessing any HA add-ins is gone to the way-side as well. I see other software in the same space as Emby has intros and ISY support etc. so does that mean Emby is more for your TV/music in the family room use case now, and dedicated HT users need to do something else?

• Like 1

AxeMan

The thread died when the plug-in for Vera got added to the plug-in catalog. I tried Cinema mode a while back and it worked fine. My kids got a kick out of it, but I eventually turned it off.

You may want to post your other CO concerns so that the good people here can guide you.I too have been using MB since the earliest of days perhaps MB2 or even before that.

chef

Please start a new thread in the plugin section of the forms with any concerns regarding HA stuff.

The plugin was updated yesterday. It is now crossplatform.

Please find: MiOSEmbyZWaveController in the plugin catalog.

And "@" me on the forums if you have any issues with the plugin . I will be glad to help.

@@barrettuk