subtitle extract

thoror

I'm having some issues with playing embedded subtitles.

Here is the relevant log:

2013-11-06 03:02:18.1323, Debug, MediaEncoder, C:\Users\thoror\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\ffmpeg20131011\ffmpeg.exe -i file:"\\AUSTIN\media\HD Movies\movie.mkv" -ss 3.962 -map 0:2 -an -vn -c:s ass "C:\Users\thoror\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\subtitles\3\3a13d2bf-09a8-c9f1-aa2c-179912d4e50a.ass"
2013-11-06 03:03:18.1323, Info, MediaEncoder, Killing ffmpeg subtitle extraction process
2013-11-06 03:03:18.1323, Info, MediaEncoder, Deleting extracted subtitle due to failure: 
2013-11-06 03:03:18.1323, Error, MediaEncoder, ffmpeg subtitle extraction failed for file:"\\AUSTIN\media\HD Movies\movie.mkv" to C:\Users\thoror\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\subtitles\3\3a13d2bf-09a8-c9f1-aa2c-179912d4e50a.ass

If I run the command separately, it runs fine with no problem, except it takes quite some time (about 2 minutes). But in the log it shows that the process is terminated after exactly 1 minute, which makes me believe the server is invoking some timeout that is set to 60 seconds.

As it may take quite some time to fully extract embedded subtitles, would it be possible to increase the timeout duration?

Thanks!!

Starkadius

I have noticed this as well. Embedded subtitles take a substantial amount of time to transcode (in my case about 40seconds just to get it playing and if scrubbing/seeking). External subtitles play quickly but if I embed the same external subtitle into the video file using mkvmerge for example then it exhibits the same slow loading behavior when attempting to transcode.

Currently ffmpeg does not allow us to burn in subs that are contained in the file (hopefully it will come soon) as soon as it does we will be all over it. The fastest solution currently is to have external srt files.

AdrianW

The fastest solution currently is to have external srt files.

Does MBT support external srt files yet? I thought the current version of MBT only displays embedded subs.

Not sure about mbt I don't think Luke has got to external subs yet. (I could be wrong). I am talking about transcoding only i.e. android,ios,dash etc