Server/gaming rig upgrade (work log)

shaefurr

shaefurr

Since I have too many pics I wanted to move this to its own thread.

What ive done so far is painted the front panel of the case, the keyboard/mouse tray I made, and I made a cover for the PSU to hide the cables and such.

Parts:

MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION motherboard

Intel i5-4690k

2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury (white)

Corsair H75 AIO cooler

Replacement HX750 from Corsair

Black Paracord for sleeeving

54e7a010caf93_WP_20150220_13_57_12_Pro.j

Before pic

54e79ce016643_DSCN4040.jpg

Painted Front panel and tray

54e79d1b69643_WP_20150220_09_34_35_Pro.j

PSU cover WIP

54e79dcbe1269_WP_20150220_12_54_32_Pro.j54e79dd2b3db2_WP_20150220_13_06_58_Pro.j

54e79ddb6890a_WP_20150220_13_24_24_Pro.j

Painting on the PSU cover is done, won't be able to put it in the case until I do the rebuild since I'll need to have the GPU and CPU cooler out to have more space to wiggle it in

54e7a68f82f3e_WP_20150220_14_22_11_Pro.j

More updates to come as parts come in

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

shaefurr

I was really tempted to repaint the shroud on the GPU and replace the green, but being a limited edition I figured id leave it, also still waiting on the paracord to come in.

CashMoney

Looking awesome Shaefurr! I never realised you could get HyperX in white, looks great! Goes really well with the MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION motherboard. I used to be really big into watercooling, I was one of the first to review aseteks waterchill setup with the 3x120 radiator and 6 fans, full GPU and CPU support, USB controlled pump etc etc. And iirc, asetek eventually went to a closed loop AIO solution that became Corsair's watercooling systems.

The PSU shroud and the rest of the fan layout, airflow looks to be negative pressure (more out than in) so guessing dust build up is lessened.

I'd be tempted to paint the card shroud too, but like you, I think I'd of stuck with the green as it is Ltd Ed. Maybe make a side shroud for it? Use the lower PCI slots on the case for support and just bend a flat shroud along the length of the card to hide some of the green? Either way (on show or hidden) I think the system looks great! Well done!

shaefurr

Yeah a shroud isnt a bad idea, if I had actually planned to do this rebuild I would have gotten the black/white version of the card last month instead. :P

Curve in the PSU cover is driving me nuts, it just doesn't match the case so I already made a new one.

gthrift

Very nice.  I like the white case, mobo and ram.  You have a very similar build to my desktop.  Same processor with 2x8gb of the same white Hyper X RAM and a Asus H97i-Plus mobo.  I'm also using a M.2 SSD as the boot drive.  I don't do any gaming so I just use the on board HDMI port and display port for my monitors.  I also haven't done any overclocking yet but got the K because it was on sale for cheaper than the other.  Mostly my PC is used for work (lots of spreadsheets), web browsing and Blu-Ray and DVD encoding.   The i5 upgrade over my core2quad really sped up conversions and uses less electricity while doing it.  

shaefurr

Yeah I really like the CPU, I bumped it to 4.5Ghz @ 1.2 vcore when I first installed it and it was sooo snappy, rolled it back to stock though since its my 24/7 server.

Sent from my lumia icon

shaefurr

One down, way to many to go, my lord why do people do this it takes bloody forever.

54f60e6d3bcbf_WP_20150303_12_38_03_Pro.j

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1