Multi part movies

FrostByte

FrostByte

Does the app support multipart movies?  I ripped The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug in 3d which is on 2 disks.

File names are as such:

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug (2013).3d.hsbs-part1.mkv

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug (2013).3d.hsbs-part2.mkv

The web client recognizes that there are 2 parts, but I see nowhere in the Samsung app that it recognizes the second part much less how I would play the second part.  Should the app play the second part automatically (that would be nice), or do you have to manually start the second part somehow?  Or do I need to add a feature request?

After playing part1 app stopped playing and sent me back to the info page for the movie

Edit: pic from webclient showing additional part

54e6c89006374_Untitled.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

That was also tested from my side useing server version 3.0.5518.7; my multi-part content setup is like:

Anime (Movies Types Content)

\Bolt (2008)\

Bolt part1.mkv

Bolt part2.mkv

the content is displayed in Web client as the following:

54e89a628dfe0_Photo2211545804PM.jpg

however, it's limited for playback to part1 only in sammy client; though the chapter limitation is common in both (web and app):

54e89aa8aa0cb_IMAG0671.jpg

It sounds good, if the same "Additional Parts" section is available in the client, which leads to part selection, the same way as chapter selection.

Regards,

DaN

Edited by DaN
  • Like 1

gbone8106

For multi part movies, like the hobbit etc, I always just used mkvmerge, and used append. It will combine it to one movie. easier than switching to part 2 however you do it.

Edited by gbone8106
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I've gotten a return error code 1 - "playback issues with resulting file" twice now on the Hobbit 3d when appending.  Log says mismatched private codecs used on video tracks.  Output mkv file appears to play fine in vlc though so I'll give it a try.

Edited by FrostByte

chessdragon136

Hi All,

I appreciate this is quite important to some of you - however due to the way the player is coded and how the server handles additional parts, this is not easy for me to implement. I will of course look at it, but its difficult

• Like 2