MB overwriting my .nfo files randomly...

sbrindley
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

sbrindley
Hi everyone... Has there been any MB changes related .nfo files lately? I don't have MB set to download my .nfo files (I don't have "Nfo" checked under Metadata/Services/Metadata savers:) as I get them from nfofactory.com and have different devices streaming from different locations and don't want static entries created by media browser in my .nfo files or to have them overwritten.  I've been doing it this way about a year now.  However, over the last few days I'm noticing that MB has been overwriting my manually downloaded .nfo files and I'm about 99% sure I haven't made any changes in the MB config for at least several weeks or a month.  Some of my original .nfo files have been unaltered from nfofactory.com and others have been overwritten by MB and now have static entries pointing to the poster art, fan art, etc... on the USB drive media browser points to for it's library.

** Example ** (sorry if this gets confusing :unsure:):

1) I own a DROBO 5N (NAS) and a DROBO 3 (USB 3.0) enclosure.

2) MB streams from the DROBO 3 (remotely) using a Roku, Web, etc...

3) I use a D-Link Boxee for streaming from the DROBO 5N on my main TV at home (locally).

4) MB is installed on Windows (Version 3.0.5490.2) and pointed to the DROBO 3 (USB 3.0) for my library.

Ok, so... I noticed issues when:

5) My primary data is on my DROBO 3 (USB 3.0) where MB points to and it backs up nightly to my DROBO 5N (NAS).

6) Now, when I browse movies on my D-Link Boxee the poster art has begun not showing up (because the nfofactory.com .nfo file has been replaced with the .nfo file from MB and it points to the incorrect location for the poster art, etc...).

So, *deep breath*...  I very well may have something configured incorrectly and maybe a recent update has affected it?  ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated at this point as I'd rather not re-download 800+ .nfo files from nfofactory.com  :blink:   I'm also completely open if there is a better way of doing this?

Thanks so much guys!  If you need anymore information I'll be glad to post it..

~Shane

• Solution

check settings in metadata -> nfo/kodi. by default it is configured to sync watch data to the nfo files.

• Like 1

sbrindley

I believe what you were telling me lead me to find what I needed!!  I think I need to uncheck the "save image paths within nfo files"   :D  Never realized I even had that checked....

~Shane

54e695d91064d_20150219080154pm.jpg

If you're asking that question then it sounds like you don't know what that is, so i would just suggest reading the help text on the page so that you can decide what's best for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Cactus

I did this change, it worked. However now that you've removed (?) the Kodi settings, the "Sync user watch data to nfo's for:" setting reverted and it started overwriting my NFOs again (on march 17th). Just a heads up for those who doesn't want this to happen.