GenreCleaner on Mac - where is it?

Florux

Hi,

I installed GenreCleaner on MB Server version 3.0.5518.3.

It shows up fine under settings:Plugins->My Plugins, but I cannot find where to launch it?

I cannot click the GenreCleaner logo on the "My Plugins" page, as nothing happens. by clicking the three dots, I only get an option to uninstall.

same goes for goes for the server backup a well by the way... I have restarted the server and reloaded the browser many times to no avail. 

54e65022b2310_ScreenShot20150219at220512

Clicking the nice big GenreCleaner logo/button does nothing. 

Where do I launch it?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Florux

Thanks for responding. Problem is that the three dots only gives the option to uninstall. There is no Settings. And no Launch/Start or anywhere to get in contact with it.  As you can see from both this and the screenshot above I'm using GenreCleaner v1.0.1.5

Picture worth a few words:

54e71bc98163c_ScreenShot20150220at123241

It seems to be the same problem with the backup plugin as well. Would @@ebr perhaps be able to offer some advise?

Thanks!

Either this is an issue with the Mac (Safari) or maybe that user doesn't have admin rights (although, that should keep them out of that area entirely, I would think).

Hi, and thanks for quick response.

The user has admin rights, as it is the only user on the server, and also the same user used to install the plugins.

I have tried with both Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome, and get the same result on all of them.

This leads me to believe this could be a bug on the Mac server.  How can I help triage this bug? Do you need logs from the plugins are installed, anything else? I also have the same problem with the Backup plugin.

Out of curiousity - where should the plugin actually be launched? By clicking on the logo, or elsewhere?

-Florux

Edited by Florux

By clicking on those tiles as you are doing.

It must be an issue with the server on OSX...

How can I help?

Here comes. 

What I did is as follows:

1. Removed all plugins (remove, shutdown, restart, remove next, shutdown, restart etc)
  2. Stop the server to start clean
  3. Reset the logs
  4. Start the server
  5. Install the Genrecleaner plugin
  6. Shutdown the server
  7. This is florux-server-before-reboot.txt
  8. Then shut down server
  9. Started server to complete the installation as indicated
  10. Navigate to plugins
  11. Try click the non-clickable area (but mouse-over does change the colour slightly)
  12. Shutdown the server
  13. This is florux-server-after-reboot.txt
  14. Finish

Hope this helps? Please let me know anything else I should do that you want to see in the log.

Log before the reboot: florux-server-before-reboot.txt

Log after the reboot: florux-server-after-reboot.txt

-Florux

Not claiming to be a programmer or anything, but could the fact that it tries to load an EXE file indicate that the server is in fact downloading the Windows plugins instead of its OSX equivalent? 

florux-server-before-reboot.txt:2015-02-20 15:35:04.9949 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/packageFiles/GenreCleaner.dll_1.0.1.5.exe

-Florux

Would it make sense to change the topic of this thread from GenreCleaner where is it, to something more descriptive of the bug - ie Server Bug on OSX - Plugins not starting ? Just for future reference in case others have the same problem while the bug is fixed, and search the forums?

Edited by Florux

As I upgraded to version 3.0.5518.7 I noticed something useful:

When I address the settings from localhost, it works well. I get the correct mouse-over mouse-pointer and can successfully launch the plugin.

However, when I go via app.mediabrowser.tv it does not work, and I get the same behaviour as with yesterday's version. 

That means there's a pretty decent workaround, and hopefully also not too complex to fix.

-Florux

What that really means is that it is fixed in the new version of the server which just went stable so the app.mediabrowser.tv version should work now (or soon) too.

BTW - no the exe thing is not a problem.  There are not separate versions of plug-ins for different platforms.

• Like 1