Cast to Samsung Player

josephasmith1

josephasmith1

Great work on the Samsung app.  Should the cast button work for this client?  It shows up on my android app, nothing happens when I play a file.  On the web client, I don't see the player listed as a cast option.  Also, the Samsung built-in DLNA player doesn't see mediabrowser either. Just plex and kodi. 

Note: Casting to Chromecast works as well as Kodi.

chessdragon136

Hi there,

Casting to the Samsung app is not supported due to the web technologies needed to implement it are not supported on the lower models of TV.

And it seems odd to cast to the app to the tv when you can just cast to the tv (dlna play to)

ginjaninja

Hi there,

Casting to the Samsung app is not supported due to the web technologies needed to implement it are not supported on the lower models of TV.

And it seems odd to cast to the app to the tv when you can just cast to the tv (dlna play to)

I think it make sense to use a mobile client to cast to samsung tv app...the mobile device might be faster at searching and browsing...the samsung app ui richer...and the tv better audio...

I use mobile client to move around roku and would on samsung app too ..especially whilst browsing 700 album artists takes 30+ seconds each time on the samsung app...just my 0.02$..

I think what @@ginjaninja is referring-to here, is the sammy client having an api that can accept calls from the server either to remote-browse a content page, or to remote-play a content. that can be implemented when android app calling those API's through the server, and it's a common feature between web client and MB classic.

Regards,
DaN

Edited by DaN

ginjaninja

I think what @@ginjaninja is referring-to here, is the sammy client having an api that can accept calls from the server either to remote-browse a content page, or to remote-play a content. that can be implemented when android app calling those API's through the server, and it's a common feature between web client and MB classic.

Regards,

DaN

yes i was referring to this...

chessdragon136

I still have the same issue, I cannot support it due to technical deficiencies on the older TV's. They cannot receive the remote commands from other apps due to missing web socket support

josephasmith1

What's strange is that from Kodi I can choose the Samsung player as a play to device and it works. Several other apps will cast to my Samsung player, but Media Browser will not. Is this a limitation or a bug? I understand that the app may not be able to receive commands, but shouldn't allcast receive commands from the Android app.?

if you can receive http requests you can also get remote control commands that way 

chessdragon136

Didn't know I could do it over http, will look to see if I can set up a listener but to implement it I wouldn't even know where to start unless I can simulate the http on key down method

• Like 2