Seasons not showing in Web Client

Techie-v2

Techie-v2

Hello All,

I have recently moved my Server to a new machine (Intel NUC, i'd reccomend one) and have come accross an issue with TV shows seasons.

For some reason they are not showing up in the web client when the show is browsed.......

54e44f98aca19_webclient.jpg

Metadata Manager list them as they should.........

54e44fc5d0080_MetadataManager.jpg

This is my folder structure......

54e44fd899489_Folderstructure.jpg

Media Browser classic seems to list them correctly.......

54e44ff7ca6b9_Classic.jpg

So this issue seems to be just with the web client.

Can anyone shine any list on this for me, I'm using the latest release (not any beta's)

Thank you

EDIT - It seems the seasons do show up, but not straight away, haven't times it exactly but its well over 10 minutes then they suddenly appear

Edited by Techie-v2

Deathsquirrel

EDIT - It seems the seasons do show up, but not straight away, haven't times it exactly but its well over 10 minutes then they suddenly appear

When you say over ten minutes do you mean ten minutes after starting the server?  If so likely running the startup media scan.  The server is about useless during that task in my experience.

If you mean that no tasks are running and it takes ten minutes after clicking a show to see the seasons that would be more than a bit odd and deserve investigation.

If you edit one of those seasons in the metadata manager, be sure the season number field is filled in and correct.

Techie-v2

Deathsquirrel - No this is just over 10 minutes from viewing the show, weather the server has just started or been up for hours, no difference.

ebr - I haven't edited any of the Metadata, its just what MB has pulled in.

I think I have found the answer, When viewing it this morning I was viewing form work, outside of my network. When I tested Media Browser classic I was remoted into my server using teamviewer.

Now I have come home and tried the web client directly on the server the seasons show up straight away.

So it looks like it's an problem with viewing remotely (port forwarding and all that). Strange though, pages on the server and pages for shows load up instantly, just the seasons list is not pulled in that fast.

I have no problem actually watching any of my media remotely, what I have tested plays fine so I don't think its anything to do with my upload speed. It just doesn't seem to pull in the season list as fast as everything else. I would of thought that watching something would cause bandwidth issues rather then pulling in the season list.

So to summarize, viewing locally, no problem, everything loads pretty instantaneous, viewing remotely, everything loads pretty instant apart from the season lists which take upto half an hour?

Anyone any ideas on that?