Screen saver stops working v560b

FrostByte

FrostByte

After awhile the screen saver just shows a black screen and the name of the image stops changing.  Has happened to me 3 times now and the image name has always been different.  The app doesn't lock up though and I'm able to hit return and get back to where I was before the screen saver started.  The screen saver was working correctly for awhile each time before turning black.  I did not sit there and watch to check exactly how many images it displayed or how long it ran before stopping.

I'm guessing something has changed?  It seemed to work for hours when I was on 560a with no problems.  I'll keep trying to nail it down further though.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ok, it seems to be stalling on a picture after awhile.  After a few rotations it sits on a picture and stops changing and then the screen goes black still showing the name of the last picture it displayed.  I'm using movies/tv images with default settings. 

FrostByte

I've tried to come up with when it will happen, but it seems to be different every time.  Some times it just displays a black screen right away and rotates the name before the name stops changing.  The screen saver does start black or change to black every time though.

CBers

I've had similar occurrences, but I put it down to my server being busy so didn't load the image correctly.

Now you have me doubting myself.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Hmm...I'll do some more testing.  I have no idea if my server was busy or not.  It does hit 100% cpu usage when scanning the library

I've had similar occurrences, but I put it down to my server being busy so didn't load the image correctly.

Now you have me doubting myself.

I've the same concern, the server would be busy at certain point so an image is not loaded, once the show moves forward, the next image will load; going back to the previous photo, the app loads it with no problem. no explanation but traffic/load issue.

Regards,

DaN

FrostByte

Well, after getting this to replicate several times yesterday I can no longer get it to go black today.  I'm just going to say it was my system/network running slow then like the others unless I find something else out.

• Like 1