Configuration Backup, Server Sycning

MSattler

MSattler

Is it possible to add a feature to take a snapshot/backup of the configuration?  It would not have to cover actual content, only configuration items which would allow me to recreate the same content on a re-install.   I'm thinking user accounts, whats been watched, etc.

This would allow one to easily move/switch servers.

Also, eventually the possibility of syncing two or more servers?  For instance, it would be nice to have a standby server instance in a VM that is unused unless the primary goes down.  I have a standalone machine right now that runs MB3, but am planning on having a backup instance running on my UnRaid host via Docker.  Would be nice for that to be able to pickup if my standalone machine goes down.  Right now, I'm not even sure where to look to Sync user accounts.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Beardyname

there is a plugin for that called server backup, where you can backup everything you need to get you started again.

(except for the media itself obviously)

MSattler

Quick question, source backup was from Windows based install.  Restore was on Docker based install.  It completed, granted not all images were upgraded.  However, now when trying to change plugin settings for the backup utility I get:  Invalid Gui Format: Plugins.

How can I fix this?

Tried removing all the plugins but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Beardyname

the only thing not being saved are actors images and such, luke spoke about them being stored in x/y depending on media-path's and therefore are unique so i guess that would be expected, but all images stored alongside the media should work the same as before.

as for the error thing @@ebr can you chime in on this?

also @@MSattler could you restart the server and go press that button, and upload the logs here :) ?

MSattler

the only thing not being saved are actors images and such, luke spoke about them being stored in x/y depending on media-path's and therefore are unique so i guess that would be expected, but all images stored alongside the media should work the same as before.

as for the error thing @@ebr can you chime in on this?

also @@MSattler could you restart the server and go press that button, and upload the logs here :) ?

Yup, I can, which specific logs do you want?

Thanks!

More than likely there are paths inside your plugin configuration files that are windows style instead of linux style.  You may need to just delete those configurations and start over with them.

It is also possible that the library paths themselves have the same issue.

MSattler

More than likely there are paths inside your plugin configuration files that are windows style instead of linux style.  You may need to just delete those configurations and start over with them.

It is also possible that the library paths themselves have the same issue.

I'll take another look.  I did delete the xml files and the dll's for the plugins, restarted and the error persisted once I downloaded the plugin again.  Let me fix the library paths and go from there. 

MSattler

Try just removing the configuration for the server backup plug-in first.

Just remove all of the configuration from the server and start fresh?

MSattler

Try just removing the configuration for the server backup plug-in first.

As soon as I did the restore it loaded the server back config from the original server.  I then tried uninstalling the plugin, as well as ensuring the dll and xml were removed.  Then reinstalled and still got the error.  Is there a configuration file for the plugins, or management of them, outside of the plugin directory?

MSattler

So I go it to work, I went and deleted mb.lic.   I then added it back with just the top line, which I believe is my supporter key.

I believe this wiped out the plugin guids which were saved in the file?

Thanks!