Chromecast Play Button Un-Responsive

jackblades

jackblades

Edit:

It is working over the android app now. Subtitles aren't there, but nothing has changed, just wanted to try my phone. It does not work when using the dashboard on my PC. Both PC and android 

Hi Everyone,

MB3 version 3.0.5490.2

I am trying to cast MB3 to chromecast and having issues. 

Issue: Hitting the "Play" button does not start the show over chromecast

Description:

MB3 was working wonderfully about a week ago, but today it seems unresponsive. 

If I just play a show in my browser it works well and I don't have any issues, but once I turn on chromecast, all bets are off. The play button highlights and then nothing happens.

What I've tried to done to fix it:

Uninstalled and re-installed MB3

Factory reset my chromecast several times

Reset network settings

Tried over wired and wireless

Tried multiple different shows

I will attach the latest logs.

server-63559707763.txt

server-63559707602.txt

server-63559707604.txt

Edited by jackblades

Beardyname

when playing in the web-client, do you have to "add" the subtitles? aka do you press that little button and select a language?

if yes than the video cast to the chromecast is working as it should, and if this is the case I would go over your language setting to fix the default selection.

if not then i hope someone with a working knowledge of this device can chime in :)

jackblades

when playing in the web-client, do you have to "add" the subtitles? aka do you press that little button and select a language?

if yes than the video cast to the chromecast is working as it should, and if this is the case I would go over your language setting to fix the default selection.

if not then i hope someone with a working knowledge of this device can chime in :)

Thanks for the reply

The problem is that I can't play anything over the web browser. The play button simply does nothing. I've reset google chrome to factory settings and still nothing.

The phone app is still too buggy to really use (can't drag the timer bar to advance the show, subtitles not working. etc.) I know they're working on it which is why I'm using the browser for now.

you  logs don't show any requests being made from the chromecast device, so it looks to me that it's unable to reach your server

Sp3kt3r

Hi,

I just want to add that I also have the same issue with one of my friend trying to play something from my server.

Everything works fine with the android apps but the play button from the webclient is not responding.

I will try to look in my log file on my server.

I'm currently using the latest beta: Version 3.0.5518.3

Thank you.

I just tested this with no problem found in the web client. if transcoding is involved it can sometimes take a good 10 seconds to start, although i think the presence of the loading screen helps make that obvious. but that's all i can think of. maybe you mis-interpreted that as a failure.

Otherwise, please see:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

• 1 month later...
adcsstl

I have the same problem.  When using the web version, the play button does nothing.  I can wait 20 minutes and it doesn't respond.  The tuner does not show any requests for the device.  

I have tried using both chrome and IE.  Neither works.

Suggestions?

more than likely the CC receiver is unable to reach your server, so a fix isn't really going to be a fix but rather some information so that you can at least know what's going on and try to look into it.

adcsstl

Not sure what, "more than likely the CC receiver is unable to reach your server," means.  However, when trying to watch LIVE TV I can make the play button work on Roku and when using the Android app (on same LAN and remotely).  However, when using a computer (either the HTPC machine itself, another computer on the same LAN, or a remote computer), when trying to watch LIVE TV, pressing the PLAY button has no effect.  It acts like the button is disabled.

When watching movies or recorded TV, everything works correctly on all platforms.

That said, where do I need to go to collect some information to see what is happening?  Is there a way to see what is happening in the LIVE TV section when pressing the PLAY button.

NOTE: I am using an HDHomeRun Prime as the tuner.  I am using Windows Media Center as the DVR software.  I am running ServerWMC on the same computer.  Finally, also on the same computer is Media Browser with the ServerWMC plug in.

when you press the play button with CC as your selected player, the device sends CC an instruction and then the chromecast receiver tries to talk to your server. there's no error message so it leaves you guessing as to what's going on. So what i've seen this situation with other users is that the chromecast receiver just can't reach your server. So the error handling needs to be improved to tell you about that.

adcsstl

From reading another thread, I found out it was the version of MB that I was using.  I updated to the current Beta version and now the play button works....