Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

mastrmind11

Emby in mi box supports hdr 10bit ?

I don't have any content to test, but multiple forums/reviews on the internet say it can.

Edited by mastrmind11

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes we are still working on it, and Opera just gave us another rejection the other day. This time related to a problem with a device called Vestel MB-100. I've never even heard of that. Unfortunately they don't let us pick which devices we want to support, we have to make sure they all work. So now you get an idea hopefully of what has taken this app so long. I will be resubmitting later this week.

Hi Luke

Almost 12 months since you posted this

Still no Vewd app

Can I ask what is happening?

We have been having some difficulty submitting new versions to Vewd. I have been contracting their developer support and we are still waiting for a response. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

We have been having some difficulty submitting new versions to Vewd. I have been contracting their developer support and we are still waiting for a response. Thanks.

Hi Luke

Any progress?

I have a Panasonic Viera TV too. It would be nice if the Emby client app appeared in the Vieracast menu as well.

What year? Do they still use that platform on newer models?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there are other problems like:

With the latest “HTML v3 SDK” (based on the “Hybrid broadcast broadband TV” standard), developer accounts are basically invitation only. I applied for an account and Panasonic first wanted to know what app I was developing so they could decide whether they wanted it in their store.

Apparently there are other problems like:

With the latest “HTML v3 SDK” (based on the “Hybrid broadcast broadband TV” standard), developer accounts are basically invitation only. I applied for an account and Panasonic first wanted to know what app I was developing so they could decide whether they wanted it in their store.

We'll try filling it out and see if they accept us. If they do then we should be able to move forward pretty easily.

• 3 weeks later...
Okeur75

Hi guys,

I have a Sony KDL-40w605b and I was wondering what's the best way to remotely access Emby with it ?

Apparently there is no app, I could not find Opera browser, not Vewd or even the Emby app.

And if I try to login through the web browser it fails.

What's the best way ?

Thanks,

Hi.  There are a number of inexpensive streaming devices that could serve as your client (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, etc.).

Okeur75

Hi.  There are a number of inexpensive streaming devices that could serve as your client (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, etc.).

Ok thanks I'll take a look !

I can try to submit to them again.

Have you tried the loader app recently so that you can run operatv.emby.media ?

Okeur75

I can try to submit to them again.

Have you tried the loader app recently so that you can run operatv.emby.media ?

Hey luke,

So after reading the whole post, installing opera, then installing URL loader, I run into a very stupid bug:

When I enter my server's address, I simply cannot go down to set up the port and click "Connect" !

Whatever button I press, I have the "error sound" from my TV.

Stupid bug haha

I would try using the emby connect feature so that you can sign in using the pin code process.

Okeur75

I would try using the emby connect feature so that you can sign in using the pin code process.

Pin registration is ok but then it loads indefinitely...

Nevermind, too much time spent on this, I'll keep plugin my laptop with HDMI until a real app comes out.