Vewd TV Apps, (For SONY and other TVs)

mickey1990

I hope the following is of some assistance.

My TV is a Hisense MTK 5655 /EM (58" 4K).  Opera 9.80 Linux,   ARM7L,   Opera TV Store 6175

I found urlLoader 1.3 and entered http://tv.emby.media

The subsequent screen showed three GO options

GO (IFRAME)  Nothing happened when it was selected

GO (New Window).  Reverted to GO (IFRAME) when selected

GO (Current Window)  "Not Available" message when selected.

Next I went to the Opera Browser and entered http://tv/emby.media     Nothing happened

Changed the address to http://operatv.emby.media    Again nothing happened

LqHnyBear

I’m trying to sign in using urlloader and operatv.emby.media but it keeps saying and error occurred while creating a pin an there’s no option to manually connect to my server. If I try tv.emby.media it fails both ways. I’m on a Sony Blu-ray player BDP-S3200. I did notice opera tv is now called vewd though. Don’t know if that makes a difference. Vewd version 5.8

Edited by LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

Any ideas of what I can try? I’m able to reach it on my iPhone via WiFi and everything else internet wise works on the Blu-ray. It’s just emby.

• 4 weeks later...
othercents

I couldn’t find UrlLoader on Opera TV/VEWD v5.1.7 for my new Sony 60X690E. Searched multiple ways and no app was found.

Ok I got url loader to work by signing into VEWD

Website and setting up my tv as a developer device. From there my tv had url loader available as an app.

I was able to log into the operatv.emby.media website and play videos. First time I launched the site I choose iframe, but that left a border around the Application. Second time I tried new window but that wouldn’t launch. Third time I choose current window which looked better. I did have an error after starting a film which said “Window is to large and will be closed”. I hit the return key as they requested and the video continued to play.

Other

Thanks for the info ! I'll see if i can reproduce the window too large error. I've never seen that one before. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread. I have just purchased a Hisense N7 which runs on opera. Can't find that url loader app and can't access emby. So another +1 here if somebody is interested in developing emby for this environment.

Edit - logged into vewd. Paired device with account and logged into emby. Works, though there is a fair degree of transcoding happening and no live tv. I'd like to this some of the transcoding can be sorted by tweaking some profiles?

Edited by Kmark40

• 1 month later...
yaggermr

Sorry to bump an old thread. I have just purchased a Hisense N7 which runs on opera. Can't find that url loader app and can't access emby. So another +1 here if somebody is interested in developing emby for this environment.

Edit - logged into vewd. Paired device with account and logged into emby. Works, though there is a fair degree of transcoding happening and no live tv. I'd like to this some of the transcoding can be sorted by tweaking some profiles?

+1  for Vewd TV support. I have played with the developer version using URloader and it works well except for live TV would be awesome to have an official app in the Vewd store. It does sound like there may be some hurdles getting it into the official store but if Plex can get there why not Emby. Thanks for the effort.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Kamold

I just bought a Hisense 55N7.

Setup a vewd dev account and started emby.  It starts and shows a pin, but when I confirm the pin on the emby site it doesn't progress any further on the TV.

Happy to try and assist with any debug info if I can...it's vewd 5.8

Urlloader 1.3

Armv7 

Hisense model MT5658-US

Kamold

OK my mistake I had a VPN issue that was preventing the connection.

Sorted that out. So I am now connected to my NAS (which I just upgraded to a DS418) and I can access my library now.

However when I start to play a movie the performance is really poor.

Plex was working with my old DS413 and whilst the interface was slow movie playback was fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Marvinmind

I have the same problem using a JVC 43vu72j TV.

I have tried the Vewd App using URLoader as well as using the Opera TV Browser and directly access tv.emby.media. Each time I am given a PIN but when I enter it into emby.media/pin the TV remains on the PIN entry page.

PIN entry on tv.emby.media does however work on other devices within the local network e.g. a linux laptop. Could this a security settings issue with my TV?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
samuelqwe

I have tried to connect to Emby via URLoader with both operatv.emby.media and tv.emby.media. Both times my servers show up, but clicking connect shows a loading spinner that disappears after 5 seconds. It never gets past the server selection screen. If I enter my server's ip as the url to load, I can get to my library and I can playback, but there is a white vertical scroll bar that is always present during playback.

Anything I could do to resolve these issues? I'm likely going to return the TV anyways, but I wanted to see if Emby playback was possible on my Hisense 39H5507 running Opera TV.

EDIT: I can manage to make the scroll bar disappear when using my server ip as the url in URLoader, but doing so results in an immediate crash of the app, taking me back to the home screen of my TV.

Edited by samuelqwe

alprio

hello.

i purchased a sony xe7096.

operatv.emby.media and tv.emby.media does not work.

when I enter the url it goes to the pin screen. I enter the pin and nothing happens.

stays there.any solution?

when I tried this methods though pc they worked

hello.

i purchased a sony xe7096.

operatv.emby.media and tv.emby.media does not work.

when I enter the url it goes to the pin screen. I enter the pin and nothing happens.

stays there.any solution?

when I tried this methods though pc they worked

I have a 2014 sony bravia for testing that it works OK with. You can always try skipping Emby Connect and signing in manually, although that process is going to be more cumbersome with a TV remote.

mastrmind11

@@Luke I can’t skip it. Tv only shows the PIN number and generate new

Try entering the URL of the actual server.

• 2 weeks later...
othercents

Ok I got url loader to work by signing into VEWD

Website and setting up my tv as a developer device. From there my tv had url loader available as an app.

I was able to log into the operatv.emby.media website and play videos. First time I launched the site I choose iframe, but that left a border around the Application. Second time I tried new window but that wouldn’t launch. Third time I choose current window which looked better. I did have an error after starting a film which said “Window is to large and will be closed”. I hit the return key as they requested and the video continued to play.

Other

The workaround I use for the "Window is to large and will be closed" error is to add the movie or show to my favorites and only open favorites when I'm in VEWD.  If I try to open the complete Movie library I get the error and VEWD will lockup.  I believe there needs to be a limit to the number of movies that load onto the screen, so not to have this issue.

Other

• 2 months later...

The URL loader doesn’t seem to be available on my new Hisense TV is there a possibility that the app will ever be available on the vewd store?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
japurillo

Hi @@Luke, Any update on this request? I just bought a hisense TV as well and looked for it on the app store but no avail. I also tried accessing it thru tv.emby.media or thru my URL directly but no bueno.

Thanks!